Project Comments, etc.

    Message 1 of 3 , May 25, 2004
      Hello,

      Per the poll I created several months ago, only 1 of the 10-or-so
      project contributors showed up to help out a bit with the recently
      started (in March) Win32-GuiTest (alternate distribution) project on
      SourceForge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/winguitest).. No, that
      didn't suprise me...

      However, I really think this project needs support in many forms
      from its community... If I had my way; I'd love to spend the time
      to add many new features to this package, including support for
      32bit custom controls, possibly Java interfaces, mouse wheel
      support, better documentation, etc., etc. (Note: many proposed
      features are listed under the project's website)... None of it's
      rocket science; it just takes a bit of time... If you have an idea
      on how you can help support this project, great! It doesn't have to
      be a monetary donation; hardware donations are nice, or even time
      (enhancing documentation, etc.)! Also, if you'd like to add a new
      feature, but don't know how, I can surely point you in the right
      direction, provided you freely feed your code changes back my way
      for potential inclusion in the package. :-)

      <plug>
      Now lately I've been preoccupied with finding new employment, as
      last month I decided to resign my current employment situation
      (Senior Software Engineer / Customer Relationship Manager) for
      various reasons... If your company is looking for someone
      interested in Software Engineering, Quality Assurance, or IT
      Management positions in the mid-west (USA), drop me a line. If your
      company is not in the mid-west, but have positions open and are
      willing to pay expenses upfront, drop me a line too. :-)
      </plug>

    • Steve West-Fisher
      Message 2 of 3 , May 26, 2004
        <ctrondlpaulsden@y...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > Per the poll I created several months ago, only 1 of the 10-or-so
        > project contributors showed up to help out a bit with the recently
        > started (in March) Win32-GuiTest (alternate distribution) project
        on
        > SourceForge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/winguitest).. No,
        that
        > didn't suprise me...

        I have gotten the alternative distribution and started working with
        it, as well as the recorder, which I haven't tried yet.

        One question I have is where is the most appropriate place for
        comments/questions now? Here or on Sourceforge?
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2004
          Regarding the new development of 1.50.1 and the Recorder, you can
          direct comments and questions to SourceForge.net.. If someone has
          contributions to make, please use SourceForge.net as well.

          Regards.

          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Steve West-Fisher" <steve@c...>