*****SPAM***** RE: [perlguitest] Help..invoking a gui application in windows

  • Chris Hilton
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1 8:44 AM
      Spam detection software, running on the system "mail.citat.se", has
      identified this incoming email as possible spam. The original message
      has been attached to this so you can view it (if it isn't spam) or block
      similar future email. If you have any questions, see
      postmaster for details.

      Content preview: You could just use system() to run a program, but
      assuming you need to run the program in a detached process so your Perl
      program can interact with it, you probably want to use the
      Win32::Process module. [...]

      Content analysis details: (10.8 points, 5.0 required)

      pts rule name description
      0.7 MIME_HTML_ONLY BODY: Message only has text/html MIME parts
      0.2 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
      0.9 HTML_40_50 BODY: Message is 40% to 50% HTML
      0.5 MAILTO_TO_SPAM_ADDR URI: Includes a link to a likely spammer email
      4.3 FORGED_IMS_HTML IMS can't send HTML message only
      4.3 FORGED_IMS_TAGS IMS mailers can't send HTML in this format

      The original message was not completely plain text, and may be unsafe to
      open with some email clients; in particular, it may contain a virus,
      or confirm that your address can receive spam. If you wish to view
      it, it may be safer to save it to a file and open it with an editor.

    • negedi
      Message 2 of 2 , May 21, 2004
        If you want to wait that program is finished use this:
        system("notepad.exe");

        If you what to deatach from program use this:
        system("start notepad.exe");

        Also fork() and then exec() can work for you

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Chris Hilton <chilton@n...> wrote:
        > You could just use system() to run a program, but assuming you need
        to run
        > the program in a detached process so your Perl program can interact
        with it,
        > you probably want to use the Win32::Process module.
        >
        > use Win32::Process;
        > use Win32;
        > sub ErrorReport{
        >
        > print Win32::FormatMessage( Win32::GetLastError() );
        >
        > }
        > Win32::Process::Create($ProcessObj,
        >
        > "C:\\winnt\\system32\\notepad.exe",
        >
        > "notepad temp.txt",