MenuSelect

  • qvo8
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 24, 2004
      I'm very new to guiTest. Can somebody tell or direct me to where I
      can get more information about the $menupath argument for the
      MenuSelect function? For example, in the example,

      MenuSelect("&File|E&xit") to close notepad app. How do I know the
      path is "&File|E&xit"?
      I've tried MenuSelect("&File|O&pen") but it doesn't work.

      Thanks in advance.

      Quoc
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 17 6:44 AM
        Hello,

        <...comments about MenuSpy.exe...>

        If you'd just like to understand how $menuPath works, I'll try and
        explain briefly.... Notepad for example has an 'Edit' menu option
        and underneath it there are several items, including 'Find'. Now,
        the menu items are usually not what they appear to be as you need to
        take into consideration the shortcut key part; which is usually
        marked with an underline. If you don't see the underline, hold down
        the Alt key when accessing the menu and you will see them
        appear.... For 'Edit' you will notice an underline under the first
        character, so that part will become '&Edit', and for 'Find' it is
        the first character too, so the $menuPath for Edit\Find will
        be '&Edit|&Find'. As you can tell, the character that has the
        underline will be preceeded with a '&' in the menupath.

        I hope this made sense and has helped.