MenuSelect

  • qvo8
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 24, 2004
      I'm very new to guiTest. Can somebody tell or direct me to where I
      can get more information about the $menupath argument for the
      MenuSelect function? For example, in the example,

      MenuSelect("&File|E&xit") to close notepad app. How do I know the
      path is "&File|E&xit"?
      I've tried MenuSelect("&File|O&pen") but it doesn't work.

      Thanks in advance.

      Quoc
    • qvo8
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 25, 2004
        I'm new to guiTest. Can somebody please tell me or direct me to more
        info on how to get the menupath argument for the menuSelect function.

        In the example, it shows:
        MenuSelect("&File|E&xit");

        How do we know the argument is &File and the submenu is E&xit???
        I have tried MenuSelect("&Edit|O&pen") but this doesn't work.

        Thanks
        Quoc

        <ctrondlpaulsden@y...> wrote:
        > Yes, the MenuSelect function and its documentation (README.html) is
        > available in Win32-GUITest v1.49 or greater(v1.49.2), however these
        > builds are considered beta, therefore they haven't been released to
        > CPAN, but they are still available for testing/use from the Files
        > section of this Yahoo group.
        >
        > MenuSelect($menupath,$window,$menu)
        >
        > Allows selecting a menu programmatically.
        > Simple Examples:
        > # Exit foreground application through application menu.
        > MenuSelect(``&File|E&xit'');
        >
        > # Exit foreground application through system menu
        > MenuSelect("&Close", 0, GetSystemMenu(GetForegroundWindow(),
        FALSE));

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 17, 2004
          Hello,

          <...comments about MenuSpy.exe...>

          If you'd just like to understand how $menuPath works, I'll try and
          explain briefly.... Notepad for example has an 'Edit' menu option
          and underneath it there are several items, including 'Find'. Now,
          the menu items are usually not what they appear to be as you need to
          take into consideration the shortcut key part; which is usually
          marked with an underline. If you don't see the underline, hold down
          the Alt key when accessing the menu and you will see them
          appear.... For 'Edit' you will notice an underline under the first
          character, so that part will become '&Edit', and for 'Find' it is
          the first character too, so the $menuPath for Edit\Find will
          be '&Edit|&Find'. As you can tell, the character that has the
          underline will be preceeded with a '&' in the menupath.

          I hope this made sense and has helped.