New subscribers, list moderation

  • Gabor Szabo
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 16, 2004
      First, I'd like to apologise again for sending my previous mail
      so many times.

      Based on what I saw on Yahoo, new subscribers cannot post till the
      moderator approves the messages. (Maybe this means only the first
      message, I am not sure) I noticed this only after I sent all those
      copies (and actually more, that have not made to the list yet).

      After I noticed this issue I sent a message to Ernesto via
      Yahoo as he is the sole administrator of the mailing list
      (see "Memebers" link and then "Moderators" tab) and after
      a few hours I suddenly saw that some of my messages made through
      to the list.
      (This is the URL:

      I don't know if this means Ernesto read my mail and approved them
      or something else happened.

      Anyway, while I guess it is a normal precaution to have this setting
      in the mailing list it might mean new subscribers might have hard
      time to send their first messages.

      regards
      Gabor
      ps. Now I can only hope this message will get through without a
      problem.
    • Ernesto Guisado
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 17, 2004
        Hi Gabor,

        the list is moderated as precaution against spam. Sadly the side-
        effect is that I have to approve messages which means delays when
        posting...

        See this posting for the incident that made me turn the group into
        moderated:

        Cheers,
        E.