Install Win32-GuiTest on Perl 5.8.3

  • atester2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 15, 2004
      I've some alot of mail regarding installation of Win32-GuiTest, but I
      have yet to get it to install on Perl (Version 5.8.3).
      I am using PPM (Version 3.1) to install Win32-GuiTest (Version
      1.50). Each atempt met with failure:
      Error: no suitable installation target found for package Win32-
      GuiTest.

      I cannot go to Perl 5.6 nor can I install any developer products
      (i.e. Developer Studio) due to configuration management controls on
      the test computers.

      Does anyone have a viable solution so that I can use Win32-GuiTest?
    • Gabor Szabo
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 17, 2004
        On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, atester2002 wrote:

        > I've some alot of mail regarding installation of Win32-GuiTest, but I
        > have yet to get it to install on Perl (Version 5.8.3).
        > I am using PPM (Version 3.1) to install Win32-GuiTest (Version
        > 1.50). Each atempt met with failure:
        > Error: no suitable installation target found for package Win32-
        > GuiTest.

        My guess is that Ernesto has a limited set of development enviornments
        to create new buils which does not happen to fit yours (nor mine
        actually using ActivePerl 5.8.3).
        AFAIK Sourceforge has some server farm that could be used for compilations
        but someone has to understand how that can be accessed and to actually
        do it. (Luckily I did not volunteer to help in the release porcess :)

        I have been following the Subversion development lately and it so nice
        that once an official source code release is out within days other maintainers
        announce their compiled versions in various platforms and in various
        packaging methods.

        It would be nice to see this happen here too.

        BTW the official ActiveState distribution of the module v1.3 installs
        fine on their perl 5.8.3.