Re: [perlguitest] Re: Notice: My probable/indefinite reprieve from this project. (fwd)

  • Gabor Szabo
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2004
      I am trying to send this in for the 4th time, but it always disappears.
      Please forgive me if suddenly you'll receive all the copies.

      Gabor

      On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Dennis K. Paulsen wrote:

      > Gabor,
      >
      > I've thought about stepping in, however one of the biggest issues in
      > doing that is the lack of resources... Projects of this size seem to
      > be like a small dog; many people want to play with it, but hardly
      > anyone wants to look after it, feed it, etc.

      I am not sure if this is a general issue if there is something to do of
      being on the border line of proprietary and open source software.

      For that matter I'd be really interested how many organizations are using
      it for their testing purposes and how man for other automation stuff.
      I know it is very difficult to measure but maybe this came up earlier.
      It is also interesting for me as I am trying to convince more companies
      to use it and they all would like to check who else uses it ?

      Of course this still talks about those who play with it. Not those who
      feed it.

      > Even with that said, I would consider hosting an alternative version
      > of this project on sourceforge.net. As SourceForge would provide the
      > CVS access, multiple developer support w/ various responsibility
      > assignments, etc. First, I'd like to setup a poll to determine if
      > this seems feasible.

      If that helps I can provide Subversion hosting on my own server with
      Siesta mailing list both for discussion and for the commits. [1]

      regards
      Gabor

      [1] Disclaimer: no, I don't want to take over anything here, I am just
      offering help.