Why not CPAN?

  • Ken Hommel
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2004
      Just out of curiosity: why is this module maintained on a Yahoo
      Groups site, and not on CPAN?

      I apologize if this has been discussed before, and I'm not looking
      to flame anyone, create a diatribe, or enter into a debate. Just
      curious. CPAN's last version is 1.30, from 12/2001.

      TIA,
      Ken
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2004
        Release versions (i.e. 1.30) of this module are distributed to CPAN
        and the yahoo group... Beta versions (i.e., 1.49.2) are only
        distributed to the yahoo group. Ideally, developers would grab the
        latest beta and be capable of reporting bugs or bringing up
        discussions in this message board; while CPAN doesn't currently
        provide message boards, chat, etc...

        I think an answer is in there somewhere. :-)

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Hommel" <khommel@y...>