Re: Problems installing using PPM

  • erngui@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 14, 2001

      At 20.54 14/11/01 +0000, you wrote:
      "Error installing package 'win32-guitest.ppd': Read of ./ failed"

      * Are you able to install other perl modules on that machine using
      ppm?
      * Are the TMP and TEMP environment variables set?
      * What version of perl are you using (perl -v).

      I normally use ActiveState 5.6.0 (build 616).

      Hope this helps,
      Ernesto.
      --
      Ernesto Guisado
      mailto:erngui@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 14, 2001
        Thanks, Ernesto.  Other packages install fine using the same technique.  I was using an older version of Perl, however, and after upgrading to 5.6, it's working fine now.  Thanks for your quick reply.

        -- John