Re: Sendkeys question

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 26, 2004
      Hello,
      The most common scenario is to allow time for the application (GUI)
      to become ready for interaction/user input. Without a WaitWindow or
      sleep in the script your using, its highly possible that
      SetForegroundWindows and SendKeys will get called before the
      application is finished loading up.

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "neesha1_99_99"

    • Rahul Chauhan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 27, 2004
        I am not a regular user of this module but had once studied the feasibility
        of using this module.
        Its a pretty good work and very useful for automation.

        some comments on the points raised in this conversation ...
        1. wrong way of starting an application from perl. Paul explained the use of
        start.I would also suggest
        a humrous mix of process module also.
        2. setting the focus on to a window. The api from windows
        does not work fine with win2000 and brings in portablility issues of the
        perl script. I recommed using
        the alt-tab sequence as the workaround. The most recent window is
        leftmost on the alt-tab
        sequence.
        3. use of waitwindow when some event takes a rather long time to complete or
        load.

        <neesha1_99_99@y...> wrote:
        > Thanks, problem was that I should be using winodow handle (get
        using
        > FindWindowlike()) and not the text of window name.
        >
        > I figured necessity of using sleep, but have not figured why we
        have
        > to do so? Any idea?
        >

        > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis K. Paulsen"
        > <ctrondlpaulsden@y...> wrote:
        > > Hello,
        > > One other thing you might need; which is utilized throughout
        > > Win32::GuiTest's example scripts, is the use of start.exe
        (example
        > > below). Without this, the system call will not return until
        > Quake3
        > > is exited.
        > >

        > > use Win32::GuiTest qw/
        > > SetForegroundWindow
        > > SendKeys
        > > /;
        > >
        > > chdir("C:\\Program\ Files\\Quake\ III\ Arena");
        > > system("start quake3.exe"); # Use start.exe to call quake3.exe
        > > ## Note: You might have to add a WaitWindow or sleep
        > > ## statement here.
        > > SetForegroundWindow("Quake 3: Arena");
        > > SendKeys("{ENTER}");
        > >

        > > Regards,
        > > Dennis K. Paulsen
        > >
        > > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, noel.peterson@a... wrote:
        > > > Should look something like this:
        > > >

        > > > use Win32::GuiTest
        > > > chdir("C:\\Program\ Files\\Quake\ III\ Arena");
        > > > system("quake3.exe");
        > > > SetForegroundWindow("Quake 3: Arena");
        > > > SendKeys("{ENTER}");
        > > >

        > > > _____

        _____

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        The information contained in this email and any attachments
        is likely to be confidential and legally privileged, and is for the
        intended recipient named above only. Any copying,
        dissemination, disclosure of or use of this email or its
        attachments unless authorised by us is prohibited, except
        that you may forward this email and/or attachments to a third
        party on a strict "need to know" basis.

        If you have received this email in error, please notify us
        immediately by replying to the email or by calling
        +91-80-2297030. Please then delete this email and any full
        or partial copies of it.

        You as the intended recipient must be aware and accept
        that emailis not a totally secure communications medium.

        Although we have taken all reasonable steps to make
        sure this email and any attachments are free from viruses,
        we do not (to the extent permitted by law) accept any liability
        whatsoever for any virus infection and/or compromise of
        security caused by this email and any attachment.

        No contract may be formed or documents served by you
        on or with us by this email or any attachments unless
        expressly agreed otherwise by us.

        Any views expressed in this email or attachments by
        an individual are not necessarily those of UbiNetics
        India (Private) Limited.