Re: Sendkeys question

  • neesha1_99_99
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 23, 2004
      Thanks, problem was that I should be using winodow handle (get using
      FindWindowlike()) and not the text of window name.

      I figured necessity of using sleep, but have not figured why we have
      to do so? Any idea?

      <ctrondlpaulsden@y...> wrote:
      > Hello,
      > One other thing you might need; which is utilized throughout
      > Win32::GuiTest's example scripts, is the use of start.exe (example
      > below). Without this, the system call will not return until
      Quake3
      > is exited.
      >

      > use Win32::GuiTest qw/
      > SetForegroundWindow
      > SendKeys
      > /;
      >
      > chdir("C:\\Program\ Files\\Quake\ III\ Arena");
      > system("start quake3.exe"); # Use start.exe to call quake3.exe
      > ## Note: You might have to add a WaitWindow or sleep
      > ## statement here.
      > SetForegroundWindow("Quake 3: Arena");
      > SendKeys("{ENTER}");
      >

      > Regards,
      > Dennis K. Paulsen
      >
      > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, noel.peterson@a... wrote:
      > > Should look something like this:
      > >

      > > use Win32::GuiTest
      > > chdir("C:\\Program\ Files\\Quake\ III\ Arena");
      > > system("quake3.exe");
      > > SetForegroundWindow("Quake 3: Arena");
      > > SendKeys("{ENTER}");
      > >

      > > _____

      subject=Unsubscribe>

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 26, 2004
        Hello,
        The most common scenario is to allow time for the application (GUI)
        to become ready for interaction/user input. Without a WaitWindow or
        sleep in the script your using, its highly possible that
        SetForegroundWindows and SendKeys will get called before the
        application is finished loading up.

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "neesha1_99_99"

      • Rahul Chauhan
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 27, 2004
          I am not a regular user of this module but had once studied the feasibility
          of using this module.
          Its a pretty good work and very useful for automation.

          some comments on the points raised in this conversation ...
          1. wrong way of starting an application from perl. Paul explained the use of
          start.I would also suggest
          a humrous mix of process module also.
          2. setting the focus on to a window. The api from windows
          does not work fine with win2000 and brings in portablility issues of the
          perl script. I recommed using
          the alt-tab sequence as the workaround. The most recent window is
          leftmost on the alt-tab
          sequence.
          3. use of waitwindow when some event takes a rather long time to complete or
          load.

          <neesha1_99_99@y...> wrote:
          > Thanks, problem was that I should be using winodow handle (get
          using
          > FindWindowlike()) and not the text of window name.
          >
          > I figured necessity of using sleep, but have not figured why we
          have
          > to do so? Any idea?
          >

          > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis K. Paulsen"
          > <ctrondlpaulsden@y...> wrote:
          > > Hello,
          > > One other thing you might need; which is utilized throughout
          > > Win32::GuiTest's example scripts, is the use of start.exe
          (example
          > > below). Without this, the system call will not return until
          > Quake3
          > > is exited.
          > >

          > > use Win32::GuiTest qw/
          > > SetForegroundWindow
          > > SendKeys
          > > /;
          > >
          > > chdir("C:\\Program\ Files\\Quake\ III\ Arena");
          > > system("start quake3.exe"); # Use start.exe to call quake3.exe
          > > ## Note: You might have to add a WaitWindow or sleep
          > > ## statement here.
          > > SetForegroundWindow("Quake 3: Arena");
          > > SendKeys("{ENTER}");
          > >

          > > Regards,
          > > Dennis K. Paulsen
          > >
          > > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, noel.peterson@a... wrote:
          > > > Should look something like this:
          > > >

          > > > use Win32::GuiTest
          > > > chdir("C:\\Program\ Files\\Quake\ III\ Arena");
          > > > system("quake3.exe");
          > > > SetForegroundWindow("Quake 3: Arena");
          > > > SendKeys("{ENTER}");
          > > >

          > > > _____

          _____

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          The information contained in this email and any attachments
          is likely to be confidential and legally privileged, and is for the
          intended recipient named above only. Any copying,
          dissemination, disclosure of or use of this email or its
          attachments unless authorised by us is prohibited, except
          that you may forward this email and/or attachments to a third
          party on a strict "need to know" basis.

          If you have received this email in error, please notify us
          immediately by replying to the email or by calling
          +91-80-2297030. Please then delete this email and any full
          or partial copies of it.

          You as the intended recipient must be aware and accept
          that emailis not a totally secure communications medium.

          Although we have taken all reasonable steps to make
          sure this email and any attachments are free from viruses,
          we do not (to the extent permitted by law) accept any liability
          whatsoever for any virus infection and/or compromise of
          security caused by this email and any attachment.

          No contract may be formed or documents served by you
          on or with us by this email or any attachments unless
          expressly agreed otherwise by us.

          Any views expressed in this email or attachments by
          an individual are not necessarily those of UbiNetics
          India (Private) Limited.