Re: Sendkeys question

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 22, 2004
      Hello,
      One other thing you might need; which is utilized throughout
      Win32::GuiTest's example scripts, is the use of start.exe (example
      below). Without this, the system call will not return until Quake3
      is exited.

      use Win32::GuiTest qw/
      SetForegroundWindow
      SendKeys
      /;

      chdir("C:\\Program\ Files\\Quake\ III\ Arena");
      system("start quake3.exe"); # Use start.exe to call quake3.exe
      ## Note: You might have to add a WaitWindow or sleep
      ## statement here.
      SetForegroundWindow("Quake 3: Arena");
      SendKeys("{ENTER}");

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, noel.peterson@a... wrote:
      > Should look something like this:
      >

      > use Win32::GuiTest
      > chdir("C:\\Program\ Files\\Quake\ III\ Arena");
      > system("quake3.exe");
      > SetForegroundWindow("Quake 3: Arena");
      > SendKeys("{ENTER}");
      >

      > _____

    • neesha1_99_99
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 23, 2004
        Thanks, problem was that I should be using winodow handle (get using
        FindWindowlike()) and not the text of window name.

        I figured necessity of using sleep, but have not figured why we have
        to do so? Any idea?

        subject=Unsubscribe>

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 26, 2004
          Hello,
          The most common scenario is to allow time for the application (GUI)
          to become ready for interaction/user input. Without a WaitWindow or
          sleep in the script your using, its highly possible that
          SetForegroundWindows and SendKeys will get called before the
          application is finished loading up.

          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "neesha1_99_99"

        • Rahul Chauhan
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 27, 2004
            I am not a regular user of this module but had once studied the feasibility
            of using this module.
            Its a pretty good work and very useful for automation.

            some comments on the points raised in this conversation ...
            1. wrong way of starting an application from perl. Paul explained the use of
            start.I would also suggest
            a humrous mix of process module also.
            2. setting the focus on to a window. The api from windows
            does not work fine with win2000 and brings in portablility issues of the
            perl script. I recommed using
            the alt-tab sequence as the workaround. The most recent window is
            leftmost on the alt-tab
            sequence.
            3. use of waitwindow when some event takes a rather long time to complete or
            load.

            <neesha1_99_99@y...> wrote:
            > Thanks, problem was that I should be using winodow handle (get
            using
            > FindWindowlike()) and not the text of window name.
            >
            > I figured necessity of using sleep, but have not figured why we
            have
            > to do so? Any idea?
            >

            > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis K. Paulsen"
            > <ctrondlpaulsden@y...> wrote:
            > > Hello,
            > > One other thing you might need; which is utilized throughout
            > > Win32::GuiTest's example scripts, is the use of start.exe
            (example
            > > below). Without this, the system call will not return until
            > Quake3
            > > is exited.
            > >

            > > use Win32::GuiTest qw/
            > > SetForegroundWindow
            > > SendKeys
            > > /;
            > >
            > > chdir("C:\\Program\ Files\\Quake\ III\ Arena");
            > > system("start quake3.exe"); # Use start.exe to call quake3.exe
            > > ## Note: You might have to add a WaitWindow or sleep
            > > ## statement here.
            > > SetForegroundWindow("Quake 3: Arena");
            > > SendKeys("{ENTER}");
            > >

            > > Regards,
            > > Dennis K. Paulsen
            > >
            > > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, noel.peterson@a... wrote:
            > > > Should look something like this:
            > > >

            > > > use Win32::GuiTest
            > > > chdir("C:\\Program\ Files\\Quake\ III\ Arena");
            > > > system("quake3.exe");
            > > > SetForegroundWindow("Quake 3: Arena");
            > > > SendKeys("{ENTER}");
            > > >

            > > > _____

            _____

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

            The information contained in this email and any attachments
            is likely to be confidential and legally privileged, and is for the
            intended recipient named above only. Any copying,
            dissemination, disclosure of or use of this email or its
            attachments unless authorised by us is prohibited, except
            that you may forward this email and/or attachments to a third
            party on a strict "need to know" basis.

            If you have received this email in error, please notify us
            immediately by replying to the email or by calling
            +91-80-2297030. Please then delete this email and any full
            or partial copies of it.

            You as the intended recipient must be aware and accept
            that emailis not a totally secure communications medium.

            Although we have taken all reasonable steps to make
            sure this email and any attachments are free from viruses,
            we do not (to the extent permitted by law) accept any liability
            whatsoever for any virus infection and/or compromise of
            security caused by this email and any attachment.

            No contract may be formed or documents served by you
            on or with us by this email or any attachments unless
            expressly agreed otherwise by us.

            Any views expressed in this email or attachments by
            an individual are not necessarily those of UbiNetics
            India (Private) Limited.