Re: Simple text box questions

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 7, 2004
      Hello,
      Assuming you are using Win32::GuiTest on a Windows platform; I'll
      try and answer your question below... However, if you are instead
      using X11::GUITest on Linux/Unix, please use the public forums at
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/x11guitest

      Again, assuming Win32-GuiTest:
      To move to a text box one can "normally" use SetFocus([HANDLE]) or
      something like SendKeys("{TAB}"). To read/write data to a text box,
      one can usually use WMSetText/WMGetText.

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Steve West-Fisher" <steve@c...>
      wrote:
      > I think I'm missing something. I don't see any way to move to a
      text
      > box except for purhaps x,y, but the text boxes may be moved on the
      > screen between testing runs, including tab order changes. Is there
      > any way for me to find the handle of a widget given some
      information
      > and then apply focus to that widget so I can enter data or read
      the
      > data in the widget?
    • Steve West-Fisher
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 8, 2004
        <ctrondlpaulsden@y...> wrote:
        > Again, assuming Win32-GuiTest:
        > To move to a text box one can "normally" use SetFocus([HANDLE]) or
        > something like SendKeys("{TAB}"). To read/write data to a text
        box,
        > one can usually use WMSetText/WMGetText.

        Exactly the kick in the pants I needed to get me started in the
        correct direction.

        By the way, this is the only scripting I've come across yet
        (regardless of cost) which seems to work properly with programs
        developed in the Progress 4GL, and I've been evaluating quite a few
        to automate some regression testing on our application.