Simple text box questions

  • Steve West-Fisher
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2004
      I think I'm missing something. I don't see any way to move to a text
      box except for purhaps x,y, but the text boxes may be moved on the
      screen between testing runs, including tab order changes. Is there
      any way for me to find the handle of a widget given some information
      and then apply focus to that widget so I can enter data or read the
      data in the widget?
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2004
        Hello,
        Assuming you are using Win32::GuiTest on a Windows platform; I'll
        try and answer your question below... However, if you are instead
        using X11::GUITest on Linux/Unix, please use the public forums at
        http://sourceforge.net/projects/x11guitest

        Again, assuming Win32-GuiTest:
        To move to a text box one can "normally" use SetFocus([HANDLE]) or
        something like SendKeys("{TAB}"). To read/write data to a text box,
        one can usually use WMSetText/WMGetText.

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Steve West-Fisher" <steve@c...>
        wrote:
        > I think I'm missing something. I don't see any way to move to a
        text
        > box except for purhaps x,y, but the text boxes may be moved on the
        > screen between testing runs, including tab order changes. Is there
        > any way for me to find the handle of a widget given some
        information
        > and then apply focus to that widget so I can enter data or read
        the
        > data in the widget?
      • Steve West-Fisher
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 8, 2004
          <ctrondlpaulsden@y...> wrote:
          > Again, assuming Win32-GuiTest:
          > To move to a text box one can "normally" use SetFocus([HANDLE]) or
          > something like SendKeys("{TAB}"). To read/write data to a text
          box,
          > one can usually use WMSetText/WMGetText.

          Exactly the kick in the pants I needed to get me started in the
          correct direction.

          By the way, this is the only scripting I've come across yet
          (regardless of cost) which seems to work properly with programs
          developed in the Progress 4GL, and I've been evaluating quite a few
          to automate some regression testing on our application.