Re: Win32-GuiTest for ActivePerl 5.8.0

  • iamparke
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2004
      Gennady:

      Thank you very much. Version 1.49 installed in ActivePerl 5.8.0
      very nicely. Samie appears to still be functioning also.

      Now all I need to learn is how to use GuiTest with popup windows in
      IE.

      Parke

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "stupakov" <stupakov@y...> wrote:
      > I compiled Win32-GuiTest for the latest ActivePerl 5.8.0 using VC6.
      > It works for me. If you would like to test/use it, it is available
      > from the following site:
      > http://www23.addr.com/~dmitry/Win32-GuiTest-1.49.2_ActivePerl-
      > 5.8.0.zip
      >
      > There is a ppd file inside the zip archive, so you can use ppm to
      > install the module.
      >
      > Enjoy.
      > Gennady.
    • gilbertho21
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 13, 2004
        Any one installed/built successfully ? If so, please share the
        details.

        Thanks,
        Gilbert
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 13, 2004
          Considering the contents of your post, I am assuming that you had
          problems installing it. You would make helping you much easier if you
          provided details of problems you have.

          -Piotr

          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "gilbertho21" <gilbertho21@y...>
          wrote:

          > Any one installed/built successfully ? If so, please share the
          > details.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Gilbert
        • gilbertho21
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 14, 2004
            Sorry, I was not specific. I downloaded and installed ActivePerl
            5.8.4.810. But when I ran a test script like:
            #

            use Win32::GuiTest;

            I got the following error:
            Can't locate Win32/GuiTest.pm in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Perl/lib
            C:/Perl/site/l
            ib .) at ex.pl line 3.

            So I assume I need to install Win32::GuiTest. I need some helpl on
            which version of GuiTest to install, and hopefully, some
            instructions on how to install it on ActivePerl.

            Thanks,
            Gilbert

            --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "pkaluski" <pkaluski@p...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            > Considering the contents of your post, I am assuming that you had
            > problems installing it. You would make helping you much easier if
            you
            > provided details of problems you have.
            >
            > -Piotr
            >
            > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "gilbertho21"
            <gilbertho21@y...>
            > wrote:
            > >

            > > Any one installed/built successfully ? If so, please share the
            > > details.
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > > Gilbert
          • Gabor Szabo
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 15, 2004
              On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, gilbertho21 wrote:

              > Sorry, I was not specific. I downloaded and installed ActivePerl
              > 5.8.4.810. But when I ran a test script like:

              while from your other posting I guess you already managed to install
              Win32::GuiTest let me put it here for the search engines

              c:> ppm install Win32::GuiTest

              will get you the one that ActiveState allredy built while you can also
              go to CPAN and download a newer version:

              http://search.cpan.org/dist/Win32-GuiTest/

              Gabor
              http://www.szabgab.com/
            • prramya
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 5, 2004
                Hi gilberth,
                U could follow the below steps to get it done...
                Steps to install Win32:GUI in Windows 2k

                1.Download the Win32:GUI1.50.2-ad.zip file(from
                http://search.cpan.org/dist/Win32-GuiTest/)
                2.Since Windows has no make, which is needed to build the Perl
                modules,
                you have to download NMake 1.5 from the Microsoft Knowledge Base,
                article 132084 page
                3.Nmake needs cl.exe(Compiler) & link.exe(Linker). These files are
                available in Microsoft Visual Studio.
                Hence copy those & place it in C:\Perl\bin
                4.NMake1.5 is a self extractable exe, which will provide 3 files
                (nmake.exe, nmake.err, and readme.txt).
                Move nmake.* to c:\perl\bin .
                5.Provide appropriate Environment variables (PATH,INCLUDE & LIB) so
                that it points to the
                perl directories correctly.
                6.Now execute the following commands
                // This batch file comes with MS Visual Studio. Running
                // it first might help with various compilation problems.
                vcvars32.bat perl makefile.pl
                nmake
                nmake test
                nmake install
                Once you have extracted the files enter the directory of your
                machine, enter PPM and do like this:
                C:\TEMP>ppm
                PPM interactive shell (2.0) - type 'help' for available commands.
                PPM> install C:\temp\win32-guitest.ppd
                Install package 'C:\temp\win32-guitest.ppd?' (y/N): Y
                Retrieving package 'C:\temp\win32-guitest.ppd'...
                Writing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Win32\GuiTest\.packlist

                ERRORS:
                While installing u may come across with the following errors:
                1. NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl.exe' : return code '0x2'
                2.NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '..\..\..\ob\bin\idl.exe' : return
                code '0x1'
                To get resolved, check the Environment variables & also make sure
                that u have Cl.exe & Link.exe & Nmake.exe, Nmake.err files in
                Perl\bin folder.

                Get back to me, if u have any errors..

                Regds
                Ramya