which fuction to use

  • Zia Beheshti
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 22, 2003
      Probably my question is too trivial but I'm a starter.
      I just started to use the guitest module. I need to test a website
      like this messge board. Assume I want to click on the "Next" on this
      page, which function should I use? I tried pushClientButton with the
      kay name to be "Next", it didn't work. Even that didn't work for
      the "Submit" buttons. Then I tired to use MoveMouse but it is hard to
      find the exact location of the link. I don't feel I have to use
      MoveMouse function. Specially the position might change later and
      that makes my scripts useless.

      Thanks,
    • Steven Swenson
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 29, 2003
        If your application for test is a website GuiTest may
        not be your best tool. GuiTest is more geared to a
        Win32App.

        You may be able to use Sendkeys and mouse click to tab
        navigate or something but you'll have to do some work.
        There are probably some web test modules out there
        already.

        Try
        HTTP-WebTest-2.04
        or Monkeywrench-1.0: