Trouble with .ppd later version

  • feraldoc
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 17, 2003
      I recently used ppm to install GuiTest to my perl 5.8.0 (activestate
      build 806).

      The version using the default ppm installs version 1.3

      I tried downloading the zip file from this site (Win32-GuiTest-
      1.49.2) and intalling the new version with the enclosed ppd file, and
      I get this error:

      ppm> INSTALL .\WIN32-GUITEST.PPD
      Error: no suitable installation target found for package Win32-
      GuiTest.

      (GuiTest.pm is at C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32 and the magic folder is at

      C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Win32\GuiTest )

      Any ideas???
    • Dave Coutts
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 21, 2003
        I have exactly the same problem

        I not in a position to be able the compile the package myself and I
        can't move back to perl 5.6.

        Does any kind sole have a win32 perl 5.8 compatible ppm that they
        have already complied ?
        If so could it be made available to download from somewhere.

        Thanks

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "feraldoc" <feraldoc@y...> wrote:
        > I recently used ppm to install GuiTest to my perl 5.8.0
        (activestate
        > build 806).
        >
        > The version using the default ppm installs version 1.3
        >
        > I tried downloading the zip file from this site (Win32-GuiTest-
        > 1.49.2) and intalling the new version with the enclosed ppd file,
        and
        > I get this error:
        >
        > ppm> INSTALL .\WIN32-GUITEST.PPD
        > Error: no suitable installation target found for package Win32-
        > GuiTest.
        >
        > (GuiTest.pm is at C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32 and the magic folder is at
        >
        > C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Win32\GuiTest )
        >
        > Any ideas???
      • pedropanos
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 24, 2003
          I had the same problem and error message. I have been able to install
          it following the generic install procedure, that is:

          makefile.pl
          nmake...
          etc.

          I don't know why the especific ActivePerl method fails, it's a good
          question to answer.