Building this module for perl 5.8 with Dev-cpp

  • ste88llo
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 28, 2003
      Is it possible to use the make that comes with Dev-cpp from
      http://www.bloodshed.net/ to build this module.

      I prefer indigoperl over activestate (http://www.indigoperl.com) and
      have perl version 5.8 on my box.

      I have also installed Dev-cpp that comes with the mingw compiler.

      But I cannot get this to build successfully.

      Please help

      Thanks,

      Steve
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 13, 2003
        I'm not too familiar with that compiler or distribution of Perl,
        however I loaded both up the other day and noticed, that it seemed
        the make that comes with Dev-cpp was having problems comprehending a
        bit of the Makefile produced by Perl's ExtUtils::MakeMaker. It may
        be best to take the Makefile and send it off to the Dev-cpp folks
        and include some information on what you are trying to accomplish
        and hopefully they may have the answer. Also, I see they have a
        Beta version of Dev-cpp; which you might want to try first (as I
        think I used their stable release).... Hope this helps.