Re: [perlguitest] Running Guitest script as a Scheduled Task

  • Peter G. Martin
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 15, 2003
      mark60050:

      On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 13:08:04 -0000, you wrote:
      > Hi all!
      >
      > I'm new to GuiTest and quite impressed with the functionality! I'm using to
      > automate access to some GUI applications which I want to run as a scheduled
      > task on WinXP at 4:00 AM. Although my automation script runs fine when I
      > test it, it fails to run as a scheduled task. I think this is happenning
      > because GUI input is locked out when the screened is locked.
      >
      > Has anyone had any success running a GUI test application as a scheduled
      > task? If so is there any special trick? Or, do I just have some more
      > debugging to do?
      >
      > Thanks

      I'm doing almost exactly what you're doing -- (5 minutes later and on Win2000).

      Tasks run ok when I'm at home in bed -- but with some of the problems I'm
      getting, it looks to me as though my problems all arise from timing issues,
      in particular in areas where operations involve mounted file systems etc.
      For example, I have Adobe Acrobat opening files, resaving them, reindexing them
      via Catalog, etc.. and have several times had to adjust sleep intervals between
      SendKeys ops to allow for the worst-case situations. (time to save files, time
      to open application in first place.

      At least that's what I +think+ my problems come from. Still in the proving
      stage. Will keep in touch. Suggest anyway you pay particular attention
      to sleep intervals for a start, anyway.

      -Peter G. Martin,
      Technical writer, Proxima Technology
    • rodeldb1
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 20, 2003
        Hi Sir Peter, I've also done some automation but with MS Outlook
        however when my Screen is locked my guitest script does not run
        properly. Outlook is still in the login dialog screen when I tried
        unlocking my computer. How can I hurdle this particular problem.

        fyi

        tia

        regards.

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Peter G. Martin"