How to find the proper values for "MenuSelect"

  • michael_kuss_perfcon
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13 2:39 AM

      I'd like to test the existence of a menu entry (menu is dynamically
      generated), so I tried to work with "MenuSelect".

      Since the notepad example menuselect.pl within the distribution works
      fine I tried to imitate this one, but for the application in question
      is not working.
      Could there be invisible characters (spaces? I took care about the
      the '&' character) in the menu entry text? (Remark: There are also
      icons in some menu entries).
      Is it possible to grep the text of all menu entries of a sub menu
      (using Win32::GuiTest or a spy tool)? Is there a possibility of
      getting more debugging infos on MenuTest (setting
      Win32::GuiTest::Debug to 1 gives no real new information).

      Thanks for your help

      Michael.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 11, 2003
        There is a known problem with this function and it is documented in
        msg #221. It happens when an MDI window is maximized.... If this is
        not the problem you are seeing, triple check the values you are using
        and also see what MenuSelect is returning for a value.

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "michael_kuss_perfcon"