Re: PushChildButton problems

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 10, 2003
      Haven't seen this inconsistency myself. If your able to reproduce
      it, providing some detailed information (OS, sample script, etc.)
      may be helpful.

      And the following code prevents PushChildButton from working on a
      disabled button:

      sub PushChildButton {
      my $parent = shift;
      my $button = shift;
      my $delay = shift;
      $delay = 0 unless defined($delay);
      for my $child (GetChildWindows($parent)) {
      # Is correct text or correct window ID? Also make sure
      button is enabled.
      if (MatchTitleOrId($child, $button) && IsWindowEnabled
      ($child)) {
      # Need to use PostMessage. SendMessage won't return
      when certain dialogs come up.
      PostMessage($child, WM_LBUTTONDOWN(), 0, 0);
      # Allow for user to see that button is being pressed by
      waiting some ms.
      select(undef, undef, undef, $delay) if $delay;
      PostMessage($child, WM_LBUTTONUP(), 0, 0);
      return(1);
      return(0);

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 24, 2004
        I had the same problem. And I believe I have found the reason why it
        happens. I placed a detailed explanation on my website. Have a look:
        http://www.piotrkaluski.com/automation/gui/carfl_pushcb.html

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "chobitex" <chobitex@y...> wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I have been using the GuiTest package for automation data
        gathering.
        > I have noticed that the PushChildButton() function is inconsitant,
        > and occationally will only highlight the button (have the cursor
        end
        > up on it) but not have the action caused by pushing the button
        > actually occur.
        >
        > I have also noticed that this function *will* allow a button to be
        > pushed that is inactive (with the text faded out), which *does*
        cause
        > the action associated to the button to happen (even while the
        button
        > is disabled) causing... interesting results to say the least.
        >
        > Has anyone else noticed this, or had problems with inconstancy in
        the
        > PushChildButton function? I have had to replace this function with
        > mouse clicks.
        >
        > Thank you,
        > ~Mike~ (ChobitEX@h...)
      • Coleman Tom
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 30, 2004
          nice article.

          interesting how the id and window text can get mixed up

          Some languages allow you to specify if the value being provided is a handle,
          id, or caption with a special character that precedes the value.

          PushChildButton( $parrent, "=5436" ); # control handle
          PushChildButton( $parrent, "#5436" ); # control ID
          PushChildButton( $parrent, "@5436" ); # control ordinal ( tab order )
          PushChildButton( $parrent, "5436" ); # control caption

          I would suggest not using this secret code, but rather add another optional
          argument, so one can specify what to look for.

          I had the same problem. And I believe I have found the reason why it
          happens. I placed a detailed explanation on my website. Have a look:
          http://www.piotrkaluski.com/automation/gui/carfl_pushcb.html
          <http://www.piotrkaluski.com/automation/gui/carfl_pushcb.html>

          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "chobitex" <chobitex@y...> wrote:
          > Hello,
          >
          > I have been using the GuiTest package for automation data
          gathering.
          > I have noticed that the PushChildButton() function is inconsitant,

          Thank you