Re: Tree control

  • phisiker2000
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 6, 2003
      Hello

      I would be interestedin the code

      regards,

      Joern Knie-von Allmen

      "'perlguitest@yahoogroups.com'" <perlguitest@yahoogroups.com>
      > d.com> cc:
      > Subject: [perlguitest] Tree control
      > 01/28/03 11:19 PM
      > Please respond to
      > perlguitest
      >

      > Does any one have any insight on accessing the contents of a tree control?
      > believe the specific class I'm interested in is SysTreeView32.
      >
      > Any help appreciated.
      >
      > Chris Hilton

    • Tim Kimber
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 7, 2003
        Phil,

        It goes something like this:

        sub selectNode() {
        my ($treeview, $path) = @_;

        #Find the node using Win32::ActAcc
        my $node = FindTreeViewNode($tree_view, $path);

        #Use Win32::GUI to scroll it into view and expand it.
        my $hwnd = getHwnd($treeview);
        my $htreeitem = getID($node);
        if ($hwnd && $htreeitem) {
        Win32::GUI::TreeView::EnsureVisible($hwnd, $htreeitem);
        Win32::GUI::TreeView::Expand($hwnd, $htreeitem);
        }

        #Use Win32::ActAcc to select the node
        $node->accSelect(SELFLAG_TAKEFOCUS());
        $node->click();
        }

        sub FindTreeViewNode {
        my ($tree_view, $path) = @_;

        my @path = split(/\\/,$path);
        my $node;
        foreach my $node_name (@path) {
        Trace("Finding node $node_name");
        $node = $tree_view->drill(
        {
        'role' => ROLE_SYSTEM_OUTLINEITEM(),
        'name' => qr(^$node_name),
        'state'=> {'mask' => STATE_SYSTEM_INVISIBLE(), 'value' =>
        0 }
        }
        ,
        { 'max' => 1} );

        if (!$node) {
        Trace("Could not find node 'node_name' while finding
        '$path'");
        return;
        }
        Trace("node details : ".$node->describe());

        my $hwnd = getHwnd($tree_view);
        my $htreeitem = getID($node);

        if ($hwnd && $htreeitem) {
        Win32::GUI::TreeView::EnsureVisible($hwnd, $htreeitem);
        Win32::GUI::TreeView::Expand($hwnd, $htreeitem);
        }
        else {
        $node->accSelect(SELFLAG_TAKEFOCUS());
        TypeKeys('{RIGHT}');
        Trace("Found node '$path'");
        return $node;
        }

        regards,

        Tim Kimber, MRM Development Team
        Internet: kimbert@...
        Tel. 01962-816742
        Internal tel. 246742

        | | "phisiker2000" |
        | | <joern.knie@gmx.c|
        | | h> |
        | | |
        | | 06/08/2003 22:06 |
        | | Please respond to|
        | | perlguitest |
        | | |
        | |
        | To: perlguitest@yahoogroups.com |
        | cc: |
        | Subject: [perlguitest] Re: Tree control |
        | |
        | |

        Hello

        I would be interestedin the code

        regards,

        Joern Knie-von Allmen

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Kimber" <KIMBERT@u...> wrote:
        > I have successfully accessed nodes within a tree view using a combination

        > of Win32-ActAcc and Win32-GUI.
        > I can send you the code if you're interested.
        >
        > regards,
        >
        > Tim Kimber
        >

        > Chris Hilton

        > <chilton@newsstan To:
        "'perlguitest@yahoogroups.com'" <perlguitest@yahoogroups.com>

        > d.com> cc:

        > Subject: [perlguitest]
        Tree control
        > 01/28/03 11:19 PM

        > Please respond to

        > perlguitest

        > Does any one have any insight on accessing the contents of a tree
        control?
        > believe the specific class I'm interested in is SysTreeView32.
        >
        > Any help appreciated.
        >
        > Chris Hilton

      • netsmartz_satish
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 7, 2003
          Let me introduce myselft to all of u ?

          I am a new joinee to this group.
          I joined this group bcaz i want to know about the use of perl in testing applications on windows system.
          I have worked on C,C++, Java & VB. I am also familiar with the testing tools like winrunner. I have done scripting in it too.

          But I have not done any work in perl
          Can u pls tell me how it works with testing.
          especially for windows application. If u have any example code. pls send it to me.

          regards

        • phisiker2000
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 7, 2003
            Hello

            thank you for this piece of code. Before I read this, I extended the
            Win32::GuiTest-Module by the functions to control TreeView-Controls. They a=
            re a
            little bit more comfortable (I think). Now I'm working at the ListView-Cont=
            rol. The
            problem: where to put, so that the work is published? It seems that there i=
            s a
            cvs-repository in use (head of the files), but I didn't find any informatio=
            n about it.

            regards
            Jörn Knie-von Allmen
            Architecture- an Integrationteam
            Basler Kantonalbank

            ----------------------------------------------------|

            ----------------------------------------------------|

            > Hello
            >
            > I would be interestedin the code
            >
            > regards,
            >
            > Joern Knie-von Allmen
            >
            > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Kimber" <KIMBERT@u...> wrote:
            > > I have successfully accessed nodes within a tree view using a combinati=
            on

            > > of Win32-ActAcc and Win32-GUI.
            > > I can send you the code if you're interested.
            > >
            > > regards,
            > >
            > > Tim Kimber
            > >

            > > Chris Hilton
            >
            > > <chilton@newsstan To:
            > "'perlguitest@yahoogroups.com'" <perlguitest@yahoogroups.com>
            >
            > > d.com> cc:
            >
            > > Subject: [perlguitest] =

            > Tree control
            > > 01/28/03 11:19 PM
            >
            > > Please respond to
            >
            > > perlguitest
            >

            > > Does any one have any insight on accessing the contents of a tree
            > control?
            > > believe the specific class I'm interested in is SysTreeView32.
            > >
            > > Any help appreciated.
            > >
            > > Chris Hilton

            s/

          • phisiker2000
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 7, 2003
              Hello

              I think, you should first learn to work with Perl before to continue programming
              with Windowsfeatures. If you do so, you will always look at that, what you did
              before you began with Perl.
              There are some examples for this module on http://triumvir.org Some additional
              examples, you can find in the new modulereleases, which you can find in this
              yahoo-group. (subdirectory eg after unpacking the sources).

              regards
              J. Knie-v.A.

              --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "netsmartz_satish" <netsmartz_satish@h...>
              wrote:
              > Let me introduce myselft to all of u ?
              >
              > I am a new joinee to this group.
              > I joined this group bcaz i want to know about the use of perl in testing
              applications on windows system.
              > I have worked on C,C++, Java & VB. I am also familiar with the testing tools like
              winrunner. I have done scripting in it too.

              > But I have not done any work in perl
              > Can u pls tell me how it works with testing.
              > especially for windows application. If u have any example code. pls send it to
              me.

              > regards

            • Tim Kimber
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 8, 2003
                I would submit the change to Ernesto, who wrote the GUITest module.

                regards,

                Tim Kimber

                | | "phisiker2000" |
                | | <joern.knie@gmx.c|
                | | h> |
                | | |
                | | 07/08/2003 20:39 |
                | | Please respond to|
                | | perlguitest |
                | | |
                | |
                | To: perlguitest@yahoogroups.com |
                | cc: |
                | |
                | |

                --------------------------------------------------------------------------=

                ----------------------------------------------------|

                =

                =

                =

                > Tree control
                > > 01/28/03 11:19 PM
                >
                > > Please respond to
                >
                > > perlguitest
                >

                > > Does any one have any insight on accessing the contents of a tree
                > control?
                > > believe the specific class I'm interested in is SysTreeView32.
                > >
                > > Any help appreciated.
                > >
                > > Chris Hilton

                =

                s/