How does SetFocus work?

  • shsk7203
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2003
      Hi,

      I wanted to use SetFocus to set the keyboard focus on the window I
      want, but it does not seem to work. This is how I am using it:

      $win contains the my window handle.
      SetFocus($win);

      then the code follows for actions on that window.
      $textBox = GetFocus($mibHwnd);
      $_[1] = WMGetText($textBox);

      But this does not seem to set focus on the required window. I printed
      the window handle and confirmed using WinSpy that I had the right
      handle.

      Regards,
      -skanitkar
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 28, 2003
        Check out message #258. It may be the same problem you are seeing.
        Ernesto should have it included in the next build of
        Win32::GUITest. But you could always patch your own build of
        Win32::GUITest if you've got the compiler handy..