Re: Article on Win32::GuiTest in the Windows Developer Magazine

  • paulbt2000
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 28, 2002
      I have looked for this magazine at 3 different Barnes & Nobles, 2
      Book Stops, and Comp USA. I haven't seen it anywhere. Where were you
      guys able to find it? Thanks.

      Paul

      --- In perlguitest@y..., "erngui" <erngui@y...> wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > thought you might be interested in knowing that the current issue
      (Feb 2002) of the Windows Developer Magazine (http://www.wd-mag.com/)
      includes the following article:

      > *Testing Win32 GUIs with Perl and C*
      >
      > Ernesto Guisado
      > Testing GUI-based apps manually can be challenging and expensive.
      Ernesto has written the Win32::GuiTest Perl module in a combination
      of Perl and C to help automate the GUI testing process. It bundles
      together the facilities for GUI testing offered by the Win32 API with
      some powerful general-purpose Perl functionality.

      > Regards,
      > Ernesto.
      > --
      > Ernesto Guisado
      > mailto:erngui@a...
      > http://triumvir.org
    • erngui
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 28, 2002
        Hi Paul,

        --- In perlguitest@y..., "paulbt2000" <pcovington@a...> wrote:
        > I have looked for this magazine at 3 different Barnes & Nobles, 2
        > Book Stops, and Comp USA. I haven't seen it anywhere. Where were
        you
        > guys able to find it? Thanks.

        My fault. It probably isn't available yet in bookstores, etc. It will
        already be available to suscriptors though. You'll probably have to
        wait until beginning of February...

        Regards,
        Ernesto.
      • paulbt2000
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 11, 2002
          I still cannont find this magazine in any bookstore I have gone to. I
          have looked in both Dallas and LA at several bookstores in each city.
          The problem is not that they don't have the Feb issue, it is that
          they don't carry the magazine at all. What stores were you guys able
          to find it in?

          Paul

          --- In perlguitest@y..., "erngui" <erngui@y...> wrote:
          > Hi Paul,
          >
          > --- In perlguitest@y..., "paulbt2000" <pcovington@a...> wrote:
          > > I have looked for this magazine at 3 different Barnes & Nobles, 2
          > > Book Stops, and Comp USA. I haven't seen it anywhere. Where were
          > you
          > > guys able to find it? Thanks.
          >
          > My fault. It probably isn't available yet in bookstores, etc. It
          will
          > already be available to suscriptors though. You'll probably have to
          > wait until beginning of February...
          >
          > Regards,
          > Ernesto.
        • Eric W. Holzapfel
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 12, 2002
            As far as I know the mag is only available by
            subscription. Check their web site, and see if you
            can get a back/current issue, etc.
            --- paulbt2000 <pcovington@...> wrote:
            > I still cannont find this magazine in any bookstore
            > I have gone to. I
            > have looked in both Dallas and LA at several
            > bookstores in each city.
            > The problem is not that they don't have the Feb
            > issue, it is that
            > they don't carry the magazine at all. What stores
            > were you guys able
            > to find it in?
            >
            > Paul
            >

            > --- In perlguitest@y..., "erngui" <erngui@y...>
            > wrote:
            > > Hi Paul,
            > >
            > > --- In perlguitest@y..., "paulbt2000"
            > <pcovington@a...> wrote:
            > > > I have looked for this magazine at 3 different
            > Barnes & Nobles, 2
            > > > Book Stops, and Comp USA. I haven't seen it
            > anywhere. Where were
            > > you
            > > > guys able to find it? Thanks.
            > >
            > > My fault. It probably isn't available yet in
            > bookstores, etc. It
            > will
            > > already be available to suscriptors though. You'll
            > probably have to
            > > wait until beginning of February...
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > > Ernesto.

            http://greetings.yahoo.com
          • huazhi_ca
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 13, 2002
              I just picked my magazine up today at Border's.