Can I get the warning message from a dialog window?

  • shsk7203
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 10, 2003

      I want to check for invalid values in a textbox control. On entering
      invalid values, a warning dialog pops up. Is there somw way in which
      I can extract the Warning/erro message that gets displayed in the
      dialog window?

      Regards,
      -skanitkar
    • shsk7203
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 14, 2003
        Found my solution:

        Winspy utility at http://www.catch22.org.uk/software/ gives me the
        control id of the warning Text.

        Foll code returns the warning text:

        #using the classname of the warning dialog wind
        my ($dlg) = FindWindowLike(0, "", "#32770");

        #getting the warning text
        my ($label1) = WMGetText(FindWindowLike($dlg, "", "", 0xFFFF));

        Regards,
        -skanitkar