Re: [perlguitest] Re: Automate user actions with win32 guitest ?

  • KR Manohar
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
      hi

      Thanks for your suggestion. I couldn't find this file
      Can you pls send it across

      Manohar

      shsk7203 <shsk7203@...> wrote:
      There is a showmousemove.pl eg povided with the GuiTest package which
      you can use on your application to find the co-ordinates.

      -skanitkar
      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, KR Manohar <kr_manohar@y...>
      wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > I have a Win32 based application developed using Developer 2000
      Forms
      > I would like to automate the testing process using Perl win32
      guitest
      > In some forms ,I have to click on buttons, but how do I get the
      mouse co-ordinates

      > Has anyone used win32 Guitest to test win32 based programs
      >

      > Manohar

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • Chris Hilton
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
        Get the window handle for the button, then call GetWindowRect on the window
        handle. You can calculate the coordinate you want to click on (somewhere in
        that rect) from that.

        Chris Hilton

        I have a Win32 based application developed using Developer 2000 Forms
        I would like to automate the testing process using Perl win32 guitest
        In some forms ,I have to click on buttons, but how do I get the mouse
        co-ordinates

        Has anyone used win32 Guitest to test win32 based programs

        Manohar

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3512152.4794593.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17050069
        51:HM/A=1595056/R=0/SIG=124bf4lrb/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenattogy
        o?YH=3512152&yhad=1595056> Click Here!

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3512152.4794593.1261774/D=egroupmai
        l/S=:HM/A=1595056/rand=570263774>

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • shsk7203
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
          Sorry, it's the showmouse.pl file. Should be in the eg directory that
          you extracted.

          wrote:
          > hi
          >
          > Thanks for your suggestion. I couldn't find this file
          > Can you pls send it across
          >
          > Manohar
          >
          > shsk7203 <shsk7203@y...> wrote:
          > There is a showmousemove.pl eg povided with the GuiTest package
          which
          > you can use on your application to find the co-ordinates.
          >
          > -skanitkar
          > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, KR Manohar <kr_manohar@y...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi
          > >
          > > I have a Win32 based application developed using Developer 2000
          > Forms
          > > I would like to automate the testing process using Perl win32
          > guitest
          > > In some forms ,I have to click on buttons, but how do I get the
          > mouse co-ordinates
          > >

          > > Has anyone used win32 Guitest to test win32 based programs
          > >

          > > Manohar

          > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Service.