Re: Automate user actions with win32 guitest ?

  • shsk7203
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
      There is a showmousemove.pl eg povided with the GuiTest package which
      you can use on your application to find the co-ordinates.

      -skanitkar
      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, KR Manohar <kr_manohar@y...>
      wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > I have a Win32 based application developed using Developer 2000
      Forms
      > I would like to automate the testing process using Perl win32
      guitest
      > In some forms ,I have to click on buttons, but how do I get the
      mouse co-ordinates

      > Has anyone used win32 Guitest to test win32 based programs
      >

      > Manohar

    • KR Manohar
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
        hi

        Thanks for your suggestion. I couldn't find this file
        Can you pls send it across

        Manohar

        wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > I have a Win32 based application developed using Developer 2000
        Forms
        > I would like to automate the testing process using Perl win32
        guitest
        > In some forms ,I have to click on buttons, but how do I get the
        mouse co-ordinates

        > Has anyone used win32 Guitest to test win32 based programs
        >

        > Manohar

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Chris Hilton
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
          Get the window handle for the button, then call GetWindowRect on the window
          handle. You can calculate the coordinate you want to click on (somewhere in
          that rect) from that.

          Chris Hilton

          I have a Win32 based application developed using Developer 2000 Forms
          I would like to automate the testing process using Perl win32 guitest
          In some forms ,I have to click on buttons, but how do I get the mouse
          co-ordinates

          Has anyone used win32 Guitest to test win32 based programs

          Manohar

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3512152.4794593.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17050069
          51:HM/A=1595056/R=0/SIG=124bf4lrb/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenattogy
          o?YH=3512152&yhad=1595056> Click Here!

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3512152.4794593.1261774/D=egroupmai
          l/S=:HM/A=1595056/rand=570263774>

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • shsk7203
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
            Sorry, it's the showmouse.pl file. Should be in the eg directory that
            you extracted.

            wrote:
            > hi
            >
            > Thanks for your suggestion. I couldn't find this file
            > Can you pls send it across
            >
            > Manohar
            >
            > shsk7203 <shsk7203@y...> wrote:
            > There is a showmousemove.pl eg povided with the GuiTest package
            which
            > you can use on your application to find the co-ordinates.
            >
            > -skanitkar
            > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, KR Manohar <kr_manohar@y...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi
            > >
            > > I have a Win32 based application developed using Developer 2000
            > Forms
            > > I would like to automate the testing process using Perl win32
            > guitest
            > > In some forms ,I have to click on buttons, but how do I get the
            > mouse co-ordinates
            > >

            > > Has anyone used win32 Guitest to test win32 based programs
            > >

            > > Manohar

            > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Service.