Compile error on any user32.dll based command...

  • shsk7203
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 6, 2003
      Hello,

      After I got an error on trying to run the notepad_text.pl, I tried a
      no. of other commands like SetFocus, GetText etc, all of which gave
      me errors on compile. for eg on trying to run notepad_text.pl I get
      the foll: undefined subroutine &main:WMGetText.

      Please HELP!

      Regards,
      -skanitkar
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 7, 2003
        A couple of thoughts:

        Make sure Win32::GuiTest is installed properly. Message #239 located
        at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/perlguitest/message/239 may be of
        help.

        Note: If you don't have C:\[perl directory]\site\lib\Win32
        \GUITest.pm, Win32::GuiTest is most likely not installed at all.

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "shsk7203" <shsk7203@y...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > After I got an error on trying to run the notepad_text.pl, I tried
        > no. of other commands like SetFocus, GetText etc, all of which gave
        > me errors on compile. for eg on trying to run notepad_text.pl I get
        > the foll: undefined subroutine &main:WMGetText.
        >
        > Please HELP!
        >
        > Regards,
        > -skanitkar
      • KR Manohar
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 7, 2003
          Hi

          I have a Win32 based application developed using Developer 2000 Forms
          I would like to automate the testing process using Perl win32 guitest
          In some forms ,I have to click on buttons, but how do I get the mouse co-ordinates

          Has anyone used win32 Guitest to test win32 based programs

          Manohar

        • shsk7203
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
            Thanks Dennis,

            I had checked for installation of guitest.pm, and found that it was
            installed (ie the file was in the perl's lib) after I ran the install
            via PPM. My first installation had been unsuccesful, which I found
            was due to downloading a higher version of ActiveState Perl and PPM.
            So I uninstalled and installed ActiveState perl ver 5.6 and PPM ver 2.
            I even tried to install ActivePerl and GuiTest on another machine
            with the same results.

            Is there anything else that I'm missing?

            Regards,
            -skanitkar

            <ctrondlpaulsden@y...> wrote:
            > A couple of thoughts:
            >
            > Make sure Win32::GuiTest is installed properly. Message #239
            located
            > at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/perlguitest/message/239 may be of
            > help.
            >
            > Note: If you don't have C:\[perl directory]\site\lib\Win32
            > \GUITest.pm, Win32::GuiTest is most likely not installed at all.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Dennis K. Paulsen
            >
            > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "shsk7203" <shsk7203@y...>
            wrote:

            > > Hello,
            > >
            > > After I got an error on trying to run the notepad_text.pl, I
            tried
            > > no. of other commands like SetFocus, GetText etc, all of which
            gave
            > > me errors on compile. for eg on trying to run notepad_text.pl I
            get
            > > the foll: undefined subroutine &main:WMGetText.
            > >
            > > Please HELP!
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > > -skanitkar
          • shsk7203
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
              There is a showmousemove.pl eg povided with the GuiTest package which
              you can use on your application to find the co-ordinates.

              -skanitkar
              --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, KR Manohar <kr_manohar@y...>
              wrote:

              > Hi
              >
              > I have a Win32 based application developed using Developer 2000
              Forms
              > I would like to automate the testing process using Perl win32
              guitest
              > In some forms ,I have to click on buttons, but how do I get the
              mouse co-ordinates

              > Has anyone used win32 Guitest to test win32 based programs
              >

              > Manohar

            • KR Manohar
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
                hi

                Thanks for your suggestion. I couldn't find this file
                Can you pls send it across

                Manohar

                wrote:

                > Hi
                >
                > I have a Win32 based application developed using Developer 2000
                Forms
                > I would like to automate the testing process using Perl win32
                guitest
                > In some forms ,I have to click on buttons, but how do I get the
                mouse co-ordinates

                > Has anyone used win32 Guitest to test win32 based programs
                >

                > Manohar

                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              • Chris Hilton
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
                  Get the window handle for the button, then call GetWindowRect on the window
                  handle. You can calculate the coordinate you want to click on (somewhere in
                  that rect) from that.

                  Chris Hilton

                  I have a Win32 based application developed using Developer 2000 Forms
                  I would like to automate the testing process using Perl win32 guitest
                  In some forms ,I have to click on buttons, but how do I get the mouse
                  co-ordinates

                  Has anyone used win32 Guitest to test win32 based programs

                  Manohar

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3512152.4794593.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17050069
                  51:HM/A=1595056/R=0/SIG=124bf4lrb/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenattogy
                  o?YH=3512152&yhad=1595056> Click Here!

                  <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3512152.4794593.1261774/D=egroupmai
                  l/S=:HM/A=1595056/rand=570263774>

                  <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                • shsk7203
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
                    Sorry, it's the showmouse.pl file. Should be in the eg directory that
                    you extracted.

                    wrote:
                    > hi
                    >
                    > Thanks for your suggestion. I couldn't find this file
                    > Can you pls send it across
                    >
                    > Manohar
                    >
                    > shsk7203 <shsk7203@y...> wrote:
                    > There is a showmousemove.pl eg povided with the GuiTest package
                    which
                    > you can use on your application to find the co-ordinates.
                    >
                    > -skanitkar
                    > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, KR Manohar <kr_manohar@y...>
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi
                    > >
                    > > I have a Win32 based application developed using Developer 2000
                    > Forms
                    > > I would like to automate the testing process using Perl win32
                    > guitest
                    > > In some forms ,I have to click on buttons, but how do I get the
                    > mouse co-ordinates
                    > >

                    > > Has anyone used win32 Guitest to test win32 based programs
                    > >

                    > > Manohar

                    > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                    Service.