  • Stuart Arnold
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2003
      Hi all,
      I've seen postings and stuff on the net regarding WaitWindow(). It says
      its in win32::guitest, but I see references to an X11:guitest when i
      search.

      What I really just need is to just do this:
      -start the app with a FileOpen on a file. (i can do that) -press a
      button to validate the file (I can do that) -wait for a SUCCESS/FAIL
      message box (no how do I do that?)

      Once I have the Message or Dialog box, I can inspect the WindowHandle
      that some "WaitWindow" (or whatever), and see which way to process the
      window.

      Should I use GetMessage/Dispatch Message, WaitForSingleObject, ...?

      Any help is greatly appreciated!

      Thanks,
      -Stuart
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2003
        Based on your question, it seems you could use WaitWindow.

        If your message box or dialog box includes the result (Success/Fail)
        in its caption you can do something like this to process the result:

        # Example based on a caption convention of: "AppName - ProcessName
        ProcessResult"; where ProcessResult is Success/Fail
        # Note: 3600 = wait at most 1hr for resulting message box to pop up
        my $win = WaitWindow('AppName - ProcessName', 3600);
        if (!$win) {
        die("Validation process did not produce a message box!");
        }

        # Look for result string in message box caption and act on it
        if (GetWindowText($win) =~ /Success/i) {
        # <Handle Success Result>
        } else {
        # <Handle Failure Result>
        }

        *However, if the message box does not include the result in its
        caption, but instead in a label within the message box, you could make
        some modifications to read the label from the message box using
        WMGetText. The README and examples that come with Win32::GUITest
        should help to clarify the usage of these functions.

        I hope that helped,
        Dennis K. Paulsen

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Stuart Arnold"