Re: Sending Text to a textbox does not work

  • shsk7203
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3, 2003
      Thanks a bunch. Wonderful information.

      After a few debug tricks I just realised that the problem lies
      elsewhere. Once my Powersafe App loads, it's like the app has taken
      over. I put in a simple print("Am I printing") before and after the
      system("C:\\Win32-GuiTest-1.50\\Powersafe\\PSActions");
      and the print after does not get printed. also, the perl shell also
      stays alive till I finally close my app. Which means the script
      obviously is not done processing.

      Any thoughts?

      Regards,
      -skanitkar

      <ctrondlpaulsden@y...> wrote:
      > A couple of thoughts on this:
      >
      > * Your application may be taking more then 3 seconds to load up,
      > display applicable windows, and become ready for keyboard input, so
      > try using WaitWindow in place of any sleep statement. Note:
      Notepad
      > may be working with it because it is loading up in under 3 seconds
      > and is ready to accept the input.
      >
      > * Double-check the parameters you are currently using for
      > WaitWindowLike, because a value of 60 for the window class is
      > incorrect. You may wish to use the simpler WaitWindow function
      > instead: WaitWindow(TITLERX, WAIT); which makes it easier.
      >
      > * WaitWindowLike returns the first window found matching the search
      > criteria, so you could use that value instead of calling
      > FindWindowLike too. However, if you're also wanting to see your
      > primary window's children, then you could use FindWindowLike and
      > specify the value previously discussed as the window to start
      > under. Outlined in the example below.
      >
      > * Also, if you want to press <Enter> using SendKeys, use '~'
      > or '{ENTER}' in place of "\n"; which is actually just for CRLF.
      >

      > The following !untested! partial example (based off your code)
      > includes these thoughts:
      >
      > my $title = "Powersafe Actions Configuration";
      >
      > system("C:\\Win32-GuiTest-1.50\\Powersafe\\PSActions");
      > my $window = WaitWindow($title, 60);
      > if (not $window) {
      > die("Window not found!: $title");
      > }
      >
      > # Window is loaded up, so it should be ready for input
      > SendKeys("admin~"); # Send string and an <Enter>
      >
      > # Now show children (text boxes, etc.) of $window
      > foreach my $child ( FindWindowLike($window) ) {
      > # Show Window Ids and any readily available text (for labels,
      > # text boxes, etc.)
      > print sprintf("Window Id: 0x%08X Window Text: '%s'\n",
      > $child, WMGetText($child));

      > Dennis K. Paulsen
      >
      > > > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "shsk7203" <shsk7203@y...>

      > seem

      > FindWindowLike
      > > SetForegroundWindow/;

      > textbox,
      > > > but

    • shsk7203
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 4, 2003
        Do not know how or why, since the code is still the same, but the
        script works for me now.

        Thanks.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 4, 2003
          One other observation... When you call PSActions, you aren't use
          the Windows start command, so the system() call will wait for
          PSActions to exit before it continues. Try the following in the
          future:

          system("start C:\\Win32-GuiTest-1.50\\Powersafe\\PSActions");