RE: [perlguitest] Re: SetFocus

  • Maricel Ciupitu
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 27, 2003
      Hi All,

      The SetFocus is working nice, really a good job. No more SendKeys("{TAB}").
      I can set focus on many controls, set text for this controls, get text from other controls and so on. My problem is a grid control ( class name GXWND ) from which I can not get the text that it contains and so I am not able to determine if the tested program ( a Clarify client) is working corectly.I tried to send WM_COPY to copy to clipboard or WM_GETTEXTLENGTD and WM_GETTEXT or GetWindowText but no success.

      Can you help ?
      Regards,
      Maricel

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 3, 2003
        I'm not familiar with that window class. Is it a standard one or
        are you using a third party grid control? Without more details I
        can only guess that there is a different WM_message needed in order
        to obtain the text from this control. In addition to that, it may
        also require a method to obtain the text across process boundaries.

        <maricel.ciupitu@c...> wrote:
        > Hi All,
        >
        > The SetFocus is working nice, really a good job. No more SendKeys
        ("{TAB}").
        > I can set focus on many controls, set text for this controls, get
        text from other controls and so on. My problem is a grid control (
        class name GXWND ) from which I can not get the text that it
        contains and so I am not able to determine if the tested program ( a
        Clarify client) is working corectly.I tried to send WM_COPY to copy
        to clipboard or WM_GETTEXTLENGTD and WM_GETTEXT or GetWindowText but
        no success.

        > Can you help ?
        > Regards,
        > Maricel

        Service.

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 3, 2003
          What is the difference if it is standad or not ? What can I say is that this GXWND control is included in Clarify client. That's all.
          Regards.

          <maricel.ciupitu@c...> wrote:
          > Hi All,
          >
          > The SetFocus is working nice, really a good job. No more SendKeys
          ("{TAB}").
          > I can set focus on many controls, set text for this controls, get
          text from other controls and so on. My problem is a grid control (
          class name GXWND ) from which I can not get the text that it
          contains and so I am not able to determine if the tested program ( a
          Clarify client) is working corectly.I tried to send WM_COPY to copy
          to clipboard or WM_GETTEXTLENGTD and WM_GETTEXT or GetWindowText but
          no success.

          > Can you help ?
          > Regards,
          > Maricel

          Service.

> [...]

          Prezentul mesaj constituie o Informatie confidentiala si este proprietatea exclusiva a MobiFon S.A.. Mesajul se adreseaza numai persoanei fizice sau juridice mentionata ca destinatara, precum si altor persoane autorizate sa-l primeasca. In cazul in care nu sunteti destinatarul vizat, va aducem la cunostinta ca dezvaluirea, copierea, distribuirea sau initierea unor actiuni pe baza prezentei informatii sunt strict interzise si atrag raspunderea civila si penala. Daca ati primit acest mesaj dintr-o eroare, va rugam sa ne anuntati imediat, ca raspuns la mesajul de fata, si sa-l stergeti apoi din sistemul dvs. Apreciem si va multumim pentru sprijinul acordat in pastrarea confidentialitatii corespondentei noastre.
        • Alexis Altazin
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 18, 2004

            I'm trying to get access and type to a combobox in Excel using
            Guitest 1.50.2. When I try to use SetFocus, I get the error message :

            "SetFocus" is not exported by the Win32::GuiTest module
            Can't continue after import errors at programname.pl

            It is documented in CPAN. What am I missing ?

            alexis
          • Gabor Szabo
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 30, 2004
              On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Alexis Altazin wrote:

              > Hi,
              >
              > I'm trying to get access and type to a combobox in Excel using
              > Guitest 1.50.2. When I try to use SetFocus, I get the error message :
              >
              > "SetFocus" is not exported by the Win32::GuiTest module
              > Can't continue after import errors at programname.pl
              >
              > It is documented in CPAN. What am I missing ?

              It would be much easier to guess if you sent in the code you
              are running that gives you this error message.

              regards