RE: [perlguitest] Re: SetFocus

  • Maricel Ciupitu
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 23, 2003
      Ernesto,

      MSDN says about :

      " The AttachThreadInput function attaches or detaches the input processing mechanism of one thread to that of another thread.
      BOOL AttachThreadInput(
      DWORD idAttach,
      DWORD idAttachTo,
      BOOL fAttach
      );
      "
      What is AttachWin ?
      Regards,
      Maricel

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 27, 2003
        Hi All,

        The SetFocus is working nice, really a good job. No more SendKeys("{TAB}").
        I can set focus on many controls, set text for this controls, get text from other controls and so on. My problem is a grid control ( class name GXWND ) from which I can not get the text that it contains and so I am not able to determine if the tested program ( a Clarify client) is working corectly.I tried to send WM_COPY to copy to clipboard or WM_GETTEXTLENGTD and WM_GETTEXT or GetWindowText but no success.

        Can you help ?
        Regards,
        Maricel

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 3, 2003
          I'm not familiar with that window class. Is it a standard one or
          are you using a third party grid control? Without more details I
          can only guess that there is a different WM_message needed in order
          to obtain the text from this control. In addition to that, it may
          also require a method to obtain the text across process boundaries.

          <maricel.ciupitu@c...> wrote:
          > Hi All,
          >
          > The SetFocus is working nice, really a good job. No more SendKeys
          ("{TAB}").
          > I can set focus on many controls, set text for this controls, get
          text from other controls and so on. My problem is a grid control (
          class name GXWND ) from which I can not get the text that it
          contains and so I am not able to determine if the tested program ( a
          Clarify client) is working corectly.I tried to send WM_COPY to copy
          to clipboard or WM_GETTEXTLENGTD and WM_GETTEXT or GetWindowText but
          no success.

          > Can you help ?
          > Regards,
          > Maricel

          Service.

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 3, 2003
            What is the difference if it is standad or not ? What can I say is that this GXWND control is included in Clarify client. That's all.
            Regards.

            <maricel.ciupitu@c...> wrote:
            > Hi All,
            >
            > The SetFocus is working nice, really a good job. No more SendKeys
            ("{TAB}").
            > I can set focus on many controls, set text for this controls, get
            text from other controls and so on. My problem is a grid control (
            class name GXWND ) from which I can not get the text that it
            contains and so I am not able to determine if the tested program ( a
            Clarify client) is working corectly.I tried to send WM_COPY to copy
            to clipboard or WM_GETTEXTLENGTD and WM_GETTEXT or GetWindowText but
            no success.

            > Can you help ?
            > Regards,
            > Maricel

            Service.

> [...]

            Prezentul mesaj constituie o Informatie confidentiala si este proprietatea exclusiva a MobiFon S.A.. Mesajul se adreseaza numai persoanei fizice sau juridice mentionata ca destinatara, precum si altor persoane autorizate sa-l primeasca. In cazul in care nu sunteti destinatarul vizat, va aducem la cunostinta ca dezvaluirea, copierea, distribuirea sau initierea unor actiuni pe baza prezentei informatii sunt strict interzise si atrag raspunderea civila si penala. Daca ati primit acest mesaj dintr-o eroare, va rugam sa ne anuntati imediat, ca raspuns la mesajul de fata, si sa-l stergeti apoi din sistemul dvs. Apreciem si va multumim pentru sprijinul acordat in pastrarea confidentialitatii corespondentei noastre.
          • Alexis Altazin
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 18, 2004
              Hi,

              I'm trying to get access and type to a combobox in Excel using
              Guitest 1.50.2. When I try to use SetFocus, I get the error message :

              "SetFocus" is not exported by the Win32::GuiTest module
              Can't continue after import errors at programname.pl

              It is documented in CPAN. What am I missing ?

              alexis
            • Gabor Szabo
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 30, 2004
                On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Alexis Altazin wrote:

                > Hi,
                >
                > I'm trying to get access and type to a combobox in Excel using
                > Guitest 1.50.2. When I try to use SetFocus, I get the error message :
                >
                > "SetFocus" is not exported by the Win32::GuiTest module
                > Can't continue after import errors at programname.pl
                >
                > It is documented in CPAN. What am I missing ?

                It would be much easier to guess if you sent in the code you
                are running that gives you this error message.

                regards