SetFocus

  • Maricel Ciupitu
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 22, 2003
      Hi Gurus,

      I am trying to avoid using Sendkyes( {TAB}..) to put focus on some controls and instead use SetFocus to be more confident on which control I am sending keys but this seems to not functioning.
      Any ideas ?
      Tks,
      Maricel

      The content of this communication is classified as Mobifon SA Romania Confidential and Proprietary Information.The content of this communication is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to this communication then delete it from your system. We appreciate your assistance in preserving the confidentiality of our correspondence. Thank you.

      Prezentul mesaj constituie o Informatie confidentiala si este proprietatea exclusiva a MobiFon S.A.. Mesajul se adreseaza numai persoanei fizice sau juridice mentionata ca destinatara, precum si altor persoane autorizate sa-l primeasca. In cazul in care nu sunteti destinatarul vizat, va aducem la cunostinta ca dezvaluirea, copierea, distribuirea sau initierea unor actiuni pe baza prezentei informatii sunt strict interzise si atrag raspunderea civila si penala. Daca ati primit acest mesaj dintr-o eroare, va rugam sa ne anuntati imediat, ca raspuns la mesajul de fata, si sa-l stergeti apoi din sistemul dvs. Apreciem si va multumim pentru sprijinul acordat in pastrarea confidentialitatii corespondentei noastre.
    • Ernesto Guisado
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 22, 2003

        the docs for SetFocus on MSDN say "The window must be attached to the
        calling thread's message queue."

        I've released a patch to see if I can get it to work... Could you
        give the following file in the Files section a try:

        Win32-GuiTest--setfocus-1.50.zip

        Thanks,
        Ernesto.
        --
        Ernesto Guisado http://triumvir.org

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Maricel Ciupitu"

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 23, 2003
          Hi Ernesto,

          I made some diff between 1.49.2 and 1.50 and it seems there are no differences.
          Anyhow I tested my program with 1.50 and no results.
          Here are a sample code:

          my $SW_SHOWMAX=3;
          my $SW_SHOWNORM=1;
          my $CB_SHOWDROPDOWN=0x014F ;

          # Obtain handle to UIEditor window
          my (@w) = WaitForWin(5,0, "^UIEDITOR", ""); # my function which waits 5 seconds
          my $w_uie=$w[0];

          SetForegroundWindow($w_uie) if scalar @windows == 1;
          #SetActiveWindow($w_uie);
          ShowWindow($w_uie, $SW_SHOWNORM) ;

          MenuSelect("&File|&Open|&Form",$w_uie) or die "?? MenuSelect";
          sleep 2;
          SetForegroundWindow($w_uie);

          my ($comb1,$comb2);
          #----------- Obtain handles to Comboboxes

          @w = WaitForWin(5,$w_uie,undef , "ComboBox");
          for $w (@w) {
          print "$w=",@t=GetComboContents($w),"\n";
          $comb1=$w if $t[0]=~/Title/i ;
          $comb2=$w if $t[0]=~/starts/i ;
          }
          # comb1 and comb2 are OK
          sleep 2;
          SetForegroundWindow($w_uie);
          SetActiveWindow($w_uie);

          SetFocus($comb1); # NOT WORKING
          #$s=SendMessage($comb1,$CB_SHOWDROPDOWN,$SW_SHOWNORM,0);
          #print "Send=$s\n";
          SendKeys("I");

          SetFocus($comb2); # NOT WORKING
          SendKeys("=");

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 23, 2003
            I messed up the upload :-(

            The change I wanted in guitest.xs is:

            HWND
            SetFocus(hWnd)
            HWND hWnd
            CODE:
            AttachWin(hWnd, TRUE);
            RETVAL = SetFocus(hWnd);
            AttachWin(hWnd, FALSE);
            OUTPUT:
            RETVAL

            Sadly haven't got a compiler handy at the moment. I'll upload again
            in some hours time...

            Regards,

            <maricel.ciupitu@c...> wrote:
            > Hi Ernesto,
            >
            > I made some diff between 1.49.2 and 1.50 and it seems there are no
            differences.
            > Anyhow I tested my program with 1.50 and no results.
            > Here are a sample code:
            >

            > my $SW_SHOWMAX=3;
            > my $SW_SHOWNORM=1;
            > my $CB_SHOWDROPDOWN=0x014F ;
            >
            > # Obtain handle to UIEditor window
            > my (@w) = WaitForWin(5,0, "^UIEDITOR", ""); # my function which
            waits 5 seconds
            > my $w_uie=$w[0];
            >
            > SetForegroundWindow($w_uie) if scalar @windows == 1;
            > #SetActiveWindow($w_uie);
            > ShowWindow($w_uie, $SW_SHOWNORM) ;
            >
            > MenuSelect("&File|&Open|&Form",$w_uie) or die "?? MenuSelect";
            > sleep 2;
            > SetForegroundWindow($w_uie);
            >
            > my ($comb1,$comb2);
            > #----------- Obtain handles to Comboboxes
            >
            > @w = WaitForWin(5,$w_uie,undef , "ComboBox");
            > for $w (@w) {
            > print "$w=",@t=GetComboContents($w),"\n";
            > $comb1=$w if $t[0]=~/Title/i ;
            > $comb2=$w if $t[0]=~/starts/i ;
            > }
            > # comb1 and comb2 are OK
            > sleep 2;
            > SetForegroundWindow($w_uie);
            > SetActiveWindow($w_uie);
            >
            > SetFocus($comb1); # NOT WORKING
            > #$s=SendMessage($comb1,$CB_SHOWDROPDOWN,$SW_SHOWNORM,0);
            > #print "Send=$s\n";
            > SendKeys("I");
            >
            > SetFocus($comb2); # NOT WORKING
            > SendKeys("=");

            Service.

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 23, 2003
              Ernesto,

              MSDN says about :

              " The AttachThreadInput function attaches or detaches the input processing mechanism of one thread to that of another thread.
              BOOL AttachThreadInput(
              DWORD idAttach,
              DWORD idAttachTo,
              BOOL fAttach
              );
              "
              What is AttachWin ?
              Regards,
              Maricel

              <maricel.ciupitu@c...> wrote:
              > Hi Ernesto,
              >
              > I made some diff between 1.49.2 and 1.50 and it seems there are no
              differences.
              > Anyhow I tested my program with 1.50 and no results.
              > Here are a sample code:
              >

              > my $SW_SHOWMAX=3;
              > my $SW_SHOWNORM=1;
              > my $CB_SHOWDROPDOWN=0x014F ;
              >
              > # Obtain handle to UIEditor window
              > my (@w) = WaitForWin(5,0, "^UIEDITOR", ""); # my function which
              waits 5 seconds
              > my $w_uie=$w[0];
              >
              > SetForegroundWindow($w_uie) if scalar @windows == 1;
              > #SetActiveWindow($w_uie);
              > ShowWindow($w_uie, $SW_SHOWNORM) ;
              >
              > MenuSelect("&File|&Open|&Form",$w_uie) or die "?? MenuSelect";
              > sleep 2;
              > SetForegroundWindow($w_uie);
              >
              > my ($comb1,$comb2);
              > #----------- Obtain handles to Comboboxes
              >
              > @w = WaitForWin(5,$w_uie,undef , "ComboBox");
              > for $w (@w) {
              > print "$w=",@t=GetComboContents($w),"\n";
              > $comb1=$w if $t[0]=~/Title/i ;
              > $comb2=$w if $t[0]=~/starts/i ;
              > }
              > # comb1 and comb2 are OK
              > sleep 2;
              > SetForegroundWindow($w_uie);
              > SetActiveWindow($w_uie);
              >
              > SetFocus($comb1); # NOT WORKING
              > #$s=SendMessage($comb1,$CB_SHOWDROPDOWN,$SW_SHOWNORM,0);
              > #print "Send=$s\n";
              > SendKeys("I");
              >
              > SetFocus($comb2); # NOT WORKING
              > SendKeys("=");

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 27, 2003
                Hi All,

                The SetFocus is working nice, really a good job. No more SendKeys("{TAB}").
                I can set focus on many controls, set text for this controls, get text from other controls and so on. My problem is a grid control ( class name GXWND ) from which I can not get the text that it contains and so I am not able to determine if the tested program ( a Clarify client) is working corectly.I tried to send WM_COPY to copy to clipboard or WM_GETTEXTLENGTD and WM_GETTEXT or GetWindowText but no success.

                Can you help ?
                Regards,
                Maricel

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 3, 2003
                  I'm not familiar with that window class. Is it a standard one or
                  are you using a third party grid control? Without more details I
                  can only guess that there is a different WM_message needed in order
                  to obtain the text from this control. In addition to that, it may
                  also require a method to obtain the text across process boundaries.

                  <maricel.ciupitu@c...> wrote:
                  > Hi All,
                  >
                  > The SetFocus is working nice, really a good job. No more SendKeys
                  ("{TAB}").
                  > I can set focus on many controls, set text for this controls, get
                  text from other controls and so on. My problem is a grid control (
                  class name GXWND ) from which I can not get the text that it
                  contains and so I am not able to determine if the tested program ( a
                  Clarify client) is working corectly.I tried to send WM_COPY to copy
                  to clipboard or WM_GETTEXTLENGTD and WM_GETTEXT or GetWindowText but
                  no success.

                  > Can you help ?
                  > Regards,
                  > Maricel

                  Service.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 3, 2003
                    What is the difference if it is standad or not ? What can I say is that this GXWND control is included in Clarify client. That's all.
                    Regards.

                    <maricel.ciupitu@c...> wrote:
                    > Hi All,
                    >
                    > The SetFocus is working nice, really a good job. No more SendKeys
                    ("{TAB}").
                    > I can set focus on many controls, set text for this controls, get
                    text from other controls and so on. My problem is a grid control (
                    class name GXWND ) from which I can not get the text that it
                    contains and so I am not able to determine if the tested program ( a
                    Clarify client) is working corectly.I tried to send WM_COPY to copy
                    to clipboard or WM_GETTEXTLENGTD and WM_GETTEXT or GetWindowText but
                    no success.

                    > Can you help ?
                    > Regards,
                    > Maricel

                    Service.

> [...]

                    Prezentul mesaj constituie o Informatie confidentiala si este proprietatea exclusiva a MobiFon S.A.. Mesajul se adreseaza numai persoanei fizice sau juridice mentionata ca destinatara, precum si altor persoane autorizate sa-l primeasca. In cazul in care nu sunteti destinatarul vizat, va aducem la cunostinta ca dezvaluirea, copierea, distribuirea sau initierea unor actiuni pe baza prezentei informatii sunt strict interzise si atrag raspunderea civila si penala. Daca ati primit acest mesaj dintr-o eroare, va rugam sa ne anuntati imediat, ca raspuns la mesajul de fata, si sa-l stergeti apoi din sistemul dvs. Apreciem si va multumim pentru sprijinul acordat in pastrarea confidentialitatii corespondentei noastre.
                  • Alexis Altazin
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 18, 2004

                      I'm trying to get access and type to a combobox in Excel using
                      Guitest 1.50.2. When I try to use SetFocus, I get the error message :

                      "SetFocus" is not exported by the Win32::GuiTest module
                      Can't continue after import errors at programname.pl

                      It is documented in CPAN. What am I missing ?

                      alexis
                    • Gabor Szabo
                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 30, 2004
                        On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Alexis Altazin wrote:

                        > Hi,
                        >
                        > I'm trying to get access and type to a combobox in Excel using
                        > Guitest 1.50.2. When I try to use SetFocus, I get the error message :
                        >
                        > "SetFocus" is not exported by the Win32::GuiTest module
                        > Can't continue after import errors at programname.pl
                        >
                        > It is documented in CPAN. What am I missing ?

                        It would be much easier to guess if you sent in the code you
                        are running that gives you this error message.

                        regards