Re: [perlguitest] Detecting Mouse Clicks

  • prashant malangave
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 15, 2003
      hi all

      i am using active perl 5.6 , trying to use install
      win32-guiTest.ppd but anable to install
      pl. tell me exact procedure

      from
      prashant m.

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • seanpedley
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 16, 2003
        Hi...

        1) Download the latest package, currenty "Win32-GuiTest-1.49.2.zip"
        See the 'files' link on this group.
        2) Unzip it
        3) Open a DOS prompt and cd into the directory where you unzipped the
        package.
        4) Type "ppm install win32-guitest.ppd"

        Here's the output from when I did it:

        C:\Win32-GuiTest-1.49.2>ppm install win32-guitest.ppd
        Installing package 'win32-guitest.ppd'...
        Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Win32\GuiTest\GuiTest.dll
        Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Win32\GuiTest\GuiTest.exp
        Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Win32\GuiTest\GuiTest.lib
        Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32\GuiTest.pm
        Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32\kk.pl
        Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32\makedist.pl
        Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32\Guitest\Cmd.pm
        Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32\Guitest\Cmd.pm~
        Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32\Guitest\GuiTest.pc
        Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32\Guitest\GuiTest.pc~
        Writing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Win32\GuiTest\.packlist

        C:\Win32-GuiTest-1.49.2>

        Hope that helps!

        Cheers
        Sean

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, prashant malangave <pmgave@y...>

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 16, 2003
          To install the latest RELEASE version of Win32::GuiTest using an
          ActiveState build of Perl:
          1) go to MS-DOS prompt while connected to the Internet
          2) type "ppm install Win32-GuiTest"

          OR

          To compile/install the latest BETA version (Note: requires MS Visual
          C++ 5/6 to compile from the source code):
          1) Go to the Files section of this group and download Win32-GuiTest-
          1.49.2 or later.
          2) unzip it into a directory
          3) go to MS-DOS prompt
          3) change into that directory
          4) type "perl Makefile.PL"; which creates a Makefile for nmake to use
          5) type "nmake" (provided you have VC variables setup, otherwise you
          have to find and run vcvars32.bat from within the MS-DOS prompt)
          6) optionally type "nmake test" to test the package.
          7) then type "nmake install"