Detecting Mouse Clicks

  • seanpedley
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 13, 2003
      Hi all,

      My first posting to the group... and I must say what an excellent
      perl module!

      I can capture keys with IsKeyPressed() and Mouse Movement with
      GetCursorPos() - but is there anyway to capture mouse clicks?

      If not, are there any plans?

      Cheers
      Sean
    • prashant malangave
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 15, 2003
        hi all

        i am using active perl 5.6 , trying to use install
        win32-guiTest.ppd but anable to install
        pl. tell me exact procedure

        from
        prashant m.

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • seanpedley
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 16, 2003
          Hi...

          1) Download the latest package, currenty "Win32-GuiTest-1.49.2.zip"
          See the 'files' link on this group.
          2) Unzip it
          3) Open a DOS prompt and cd into the directory where you unzipped the
          package.
          4) Type "ppm install win32-guitest.ppd"

          Here's the output from when I did it:

          C:\Win32-GuiTest-1.49.2>ppm install win32-guitest.ppd
          Installing package 'win32-guitest.ppd'...
          Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Win32\GuiTest\GuiTest.dll
          Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Win32\GuiTest\GuiTest.exp
          Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Win32\GuiTest\GuiTest.lib
          Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32\GuiTest.pm
          Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32\kk.pl
          Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32\makedist.pl
          Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32\Guitest\Cmd.pm
          Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32\Guitest\Cmd.pm~
          Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32\Guitest\GuiTest.pc
          Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32\Guitest\GuiTest.pc~
          Writing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Win32\GuiTest\.packlist

          C:\Win32-GuiTest-1.49.2>

          Hope that helps!

          Cheers
          Sean

          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, prashant malangave <pmgave@y...>

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 16, 2003
            To install the latest RELEASE version of Win32::GuiTest using an
            ActiveState build of Perl:
            1) go to MS-DOS prompt while connected to the Internet
            2) type "ppm install Win32-GuiTest"

            OR

            To compile/install the latest BETA version (Note: requires MS Visual
            C++ 5/6 to compile from the source code):
            1) Go to the Files section of this group and download Win32-GuiTest-
            1.49.2 or later.
            2) unzip it into a directory
            3) go to MS-DOS prompt
            3) change into that directory
            4) type "perl Makefile.PL"; which creates a Makefile for nmake to use
            5) type "nmake" (provided you have VC variables setup, otherwise you
            have to find and run vcvars32.bat from within the MS-DOS prompt)
            6) optionally type "nmake test" to test the package.
            7) then type "nmake install"