Speeding up SendKeys

  • Plummi Dee
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2003
      I've opened a window via a menu command and have sent keys ("+
      {TAB}") to get to the appropriate edit field in the window. Then I
      use SendKeys to send data to the field.

      In this case, I really don't need to send keys one at a time - I'd
      rather just "print" the entire thing all at once to speed it up. Any
      way I can do this?
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2003
        If these are standard Windows edit controls, you should be able to
        use WMSetText(hwnd,text) to populate each field without switching
        between them using SendKeys. This will make it a lot faster.

        Pseudo Code:
        Find window (FindWindowLike)
        Find edit field underneath window (FindWindowLike)
        populate edit control (WMSetText)
        go onto next edit field

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Plummi Dee" <plummidee@h...>