simple question

  • merkur2k
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2003
      just a quick question here...
      ive looked around quite a bit and was unable to come up with an answer
      for this- most functions only operate on the currently focused
      windows, yet some can send to any window handle. is there an
      underlying reason why the other functions cannot send to a handle?
      specifically i am interested in the SendKeys and SendMouse functions.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2003
        Internal to both of these functions are calls to Windows API
        functions; which implement functionality in the same way, i.e., they
        operate on the currently focused window.... I'm not certain of the
        reason why these functions are implemented as such in the Windows
        API, I could speculate that in many other applications it is much
        simpler to perform user emulation of this nature without being
        concerned with window handles.

        my $0.02,
        Dennis K. Paulsen