Re: surprising MouseMove behavior

    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2003

      I don't recall ever using SendMouseMoveRel, but I do believe the x/y
      parameters supplied to it are supposed to be in what are known
      as "mickeys", not pixel coordinates.. Note: A mickey is the amount
      that a mouse has to move for it to report that it has moved.

      If possible, you'll want to stick with MouseMoveAbsPix($x,$y) when
      moving the mouse...

      If you have further interest on this topic, please consult MSDN
      documentation for the mouse_event function; which is being used by
      SendMouseMoveAbs indirectly.... Primarily of interest will be
      descriptions of the dx and dy parameters.

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Philip Nemec" <panemec@y...>
      wrote:
      > It seems that SendMouseMove is multiplying everything by 3 (with
      Perl
      > 5.8.0 and Windows XP).
      >
      > #!/usr/bin/perl
      > use Win32::GuiTest qw(:ALL);
      >
      > SendMouseMoveAbs(0, 0);
      > SendMouseMoveRel(1, 1);
      > my ($x_div, $y_div) = GetCursorPos();
      > print "div $x_div, $y_div\n";
      >
      > I get: div 3 3
      >
      > Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong, or is this a bug?
    • ikatiar
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 20, 2006
        Have you tried using MouseMoveAbsPix(x,y) instead?