surprising MouseMove behavior

  • Philip Nemec
    Message 1 of 4 , May 20, 2003
      It seems that SendMouseMove is multiplying everything by 3 (with Perl
      5.6.8 and Windows XP).

      #!/usr/bin/perl
      use Win32::GuiTest qw(:ALL);

      SendMouseMoveAbs(0, 0);
      SendMouseMoveRel(1, 1);
      my ($x_div, $y_div) = GetCursorPos();
      print "div $x_div, $y_div\n";

      I get: div 3 3

      Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong, or is this a bug?
    • Philip Nemec

        Message 3 of 4 , May 31, 2003

          I don't recall ever using SendMouseMoveRel, but I do believe the x/y
          parameters supplied to it are supposed to be in what are known
          as "mickeys", not pixel coordinates.. Note: A mickey is the amount
          that a mouse has to move for it to report that it has moved.

          If possible, you'll want to stick with MouseMoveAbsPix($x,$y) when
          moving the mouse...

          If you have further interest on this topic, please consult MSDN
          documentation for the mouse_event function; which is being used by
          SendMouseMoveAbs indirectly.... Primarily of interest will be
          descriptions of the dx and dy parameters.

          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Philip Nemec" <panemec@y...>
          wrote:
          > It seems that SendMouseMove is multiplying everything by 3 (with
          Perl
          > 5.8.0 and Windows XP).
          >
          > #!/usr/bin/perl
          > use Win32::GuiTest qw(:ALL);
          >
          > SendMouseMoveAbs(0, 0);
          > SendMouseMoveRel(1, 1);
          > my ($x_div, $y_div) = GetCursorPos();
          > print "div $x_div, $y_div\n";
          >
          > I get: div 3 3
          >
          > Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong, or is this a bug?
        • ikatiar
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 20, 2006
            Have you tried using MouseMoveAbsPix(x,y) instead?