copying the text

  • Rajeev J
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8 8:46 PM
      Message
      I have a web page which has 2 huge text fields in that , what i am trying to do in perl is copy the content in these edit fields and paste it into a different file and then would do operation on the file.

      for doing the same(copying from the web page) i am using the script below which uses ^a and ^c to copy the content to the clipboard, but here what is happening is that it copies the content form both the edit fields , how do i copy the content of the first text field first and then pass the focus to the second text field and copy that

      Please let me what should be done extra , here or in case you have a different method to accomplish this

      #! perl -w
      # vim: ts=4

      use strict;
      use Win32::GuiTest qw/
          PushButton
          FindWindowLike
          SetForegroundWindow
          SendKeys
          WaitWindow
          IsWindow
          WMGetText

          /;

         my @windows = WaitWindow("C2DTestP.htm");
        SetForegroundWindow($windows[0]);
      SendKeys("^a");
      SendKeys("^c");
      SendKeys("^v");
      my $text = WMGetText($windows[0]) ;
      print $text;

      Message 2 of 2 , May 14 5:29 PM
        Hello,

        You could use SendKeys("{TAB}") to switch focus between the two text
        fields. Also, Win32::Clipboard may work okay for retrieving the
        text back from the clipboard.

        Pseudo Code:
        1. Ensure focus is set to text field 1
        2. Select All (^a)
        3. Copy (^c) the data into clipboard
        4. Retrieve data back from clipboard (Win32::ClipBoard, $CB->Get())
        5. Store the data in file
        Repeat for text field 2

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Rajeev J" <jrajeev@f...> wrote:
        > I have a web page which has 2 huge text fields in that , what i am
        > trying to do in perl is copy the content in these edit fields and
        paste
        > it into a different file and then would do operation on the file.
        >
        > for doing the same(copying from the web page) i am using the script
        > below which uses ^a and ^c to copy the content to the clipboard,
        but
        > here what is happening is that it copies the content form both the
        edit
        > fields , how do i copy the content of the first text field first
        and
        > then pass the focus to the second text field and copy that
        >
        > Please let me what should be done extra , here or in case you have
        > different method to accomplish this

        ===
        > ===============
        > #! perl -w