RE: [perlguitest] MenuSelect

  • Rahul Chauhan
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 30, 2003
      Jason
      Precise documentation of  CPAN modules are the README and eg
      scripts which come bundled with it.

      Rahul

      Rahul Chauhan
      ----
      UbiNetics India
      +91-80-2297030 Extn. 331
      ----
      an individual are not necessarily those of UbiNetics

      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2003
        Yes, the MenuSelect function and its documentation (README.html) is
        available in Win32-GUITest v1.49 or greater(v1.49.2), however these
        builds are considered beta, therefore they haven't been released to
        CPAN, but they are still available for testing/use from the Files
        section of this Yahoo group.

        MenuSelect($menupath,$window,$menu)

        Allows selecting a menu programmatically.
        Simple Examples:
        # Exit foreground application through application menu.
        MenuSelect(``&File|E&xit'');

        # Exit foreground application through system menu
        MenuSelect("&Close", 0, GetSystemMenu(GetForegroundWindow(), FALSE));

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Blakey" <jblakey@f...>
        wrote:
        > Is the MenuSelect function documented anywhere?
        >
        > jason
        >
        > On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:27:48 +0530, Rahul Chauhan wrote
        > > Rajeev
        > > Your Menu Path is not right.Not the changes below
        > > ----
        > > use Win32::GuiTest qw/MenuSelect/;
        > > system "start notepad";
        > > sleep 2;
        > > MenuSelect('&File|E&xit');
        > > ----
        > >
        > > ~Rahul
        > > homepage: www.geocities.com.rahulscdmapage/
        > > <http://www.geocities.com.rahulscdmapage/>
        > >
        > > Rahul Chauhan
        > > ----
        > > UbiNetics India
        > > +91-80-2297030 Extn. 331
        > > ----
        > > an individual are not necessarily those of UbiNetics

        Service
        > > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
        >

        > --
        > This email from jason blakey - jblakey@f...
        > "The luckiest guy in the world!"
      • qvo8
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 24 8:09 PM
          I'm very new to guiTest. Can somebody tell or direct me to where I
          can get more information about the $menupath argument for the
          MenuSelect function? For example, in the example,

          MenuSelect("&File|E&xit") to close notepad app. How do I know the
          path is "&File|E&xit"?
          I've tried MenuSelect("&File|O&pen") but it doesn't work.

          Thanks in advance.

          Quoc
        • qvo8
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 25 4:06 PM
            I'm new to guiTest. Can somebody please tell me or direct me to more
            info on how to get the menupath argument for the menuSelect function.

            In the example, it shows:
            MenuSelect("&File|E&xit");

            How do we know the argument is &File and the submenu is E&xit???
            I have tried MenuSelect("&Edit|O&pen") but this doesn't work.

            Thanks
            Quoc

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 17, 2004
              Hello,

              <...comments about MenuSpy.exe...>

              If you'd just like to understand how $menuPath works, I'll try and
              explain briefly.... Notepad for example has an 'Edit' menu option
              and underneath it there are several items, including 'Find'. Now,
              the menu items are usually not what they appear to be as you need to
              take into consideration the shortcut key part; which is usually
              marked with an underline. If you don't see the underline, hold down
              the Alt key when accessing the menu and you will see them
              appear.... For 'Edit' you will notice an underline under the first
              character, so that part will become '&Edit', and for 'Find' it is
              the first character too, so the $menuPath for Edit\Find will
              be '&Edit|&Find'. As you can tell, the character that has the
              underline will be preceeded with a '&' in the menupath.

              I hope this made sense and has helped.