RE: [perlguitest] MenuSelect

  • Ganesh Kuppuswamy
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 30, 2003
      Rahul and Rajeev,
      I'm new to Win32::GuiTest and was wondering if you
      guys can help me little. I'm trying to get contents of

      listview (SysListView32). Is this possible with Win32
      ::GuiTest?
      Thanks
      Ganesh
      --- Rahul Chauhan <rahul.chauhan@...>

      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=229633.3212141.4526654.2595810/D=egroupmai
      > l/S=:HM/A=1556779/rand=914166324>

      > Terms of Service
      > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
      >

      > ATTACHMENT part 2 image/jpeg name=image6.jpg

      http://search.yahoo.com
    • Rahul Chauhan
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 30, 2003
        Jason
        Precise documentation of  CPAN modules are the README and eg
        scripts which come bundled with it.

        Rahul

        Rahul Chauhan
        ----
        UbiNetics India
        +91-80-2297030 Extn. 331
        ----
        an individual are not necessarily those of UbiNetics

        Is the MenuSelect function documented anywhere?

        jason

        On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:27:48 +0530, Rahul Chauhan wrote

        --
        This email from jason blakey - jblakey@...
                "The luckiest guy in the world!"

        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2003
          Yes, the MenuSelect function and its documentation (README.html) is
          available in Win32-GUITest v1.49 or greater(v1.49.2), however these
          builds are considered beta, therefore they haven't been released to
          CPAN, but they are still available for testing/use from the Files
          section of this Yahoo group.

          MenuSelect($menupath,$window,$menu)

          Allows selecting a menu programmatically.
          Simple Examples:
          # Exit foreground application through application menu.
          MenuSelect(``&File|E&xit'');

          # Exit foreground application through system menu
          MenuSelect("&Close", 0, GetSystemMenu(GetForegroundWindow(), FALSE));

          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Blakey" <jblakey@f...>

        • qvo8
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 24, 2004
            I'm very new to guiTest. Can somebody tell or direct me to where I
            can get more information about the $menupath argument for the
            MenuSelect function? For example, in the example,

            MenuSelect("&File|E&xit") to close notepad app. How do I know the
            path is "&File|E&xit"?
            I've tried MenuSelect("&File|O&pen") but it doesn't work.

            Thanks in advance.

            Quoc
          • qvo8
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 25, 2004
              I'm new to guiTest. Can somebody please tell me or direct me to more
              info on how to get the menupath argument for the menuSelect function.

              In the example, it shows:
              MenuSelect("&File|E&xit");

              How do we know the argument is &File and the submenu is E&xit???
              I have tried MenuSelect("&Edit|O&pen") but this doesn't work.

              Thanks
              Quoc

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 17, 2004
                Hello,

                <...comments about MenuSpy.exe...>

                If you'd just like to understand how $menuPath works, I'll try and
                explain briefly.... Notepad for example has an 'Edit' menu option
                and underneath it there are several items, including 'Find'. Now,
                the menu items are usually not what they appear to be as you need to
                take into consideration the shortcut key part; which is usually
                marked with an underline. If you don't see the underline, hold down
                the Alt key when accessing the menu and you will see them
                appear.... For 'Edit' you will notice an underline under the first
                character, so that part will become '&Edit', and for 'Find' it is
                the first character too, so the $menuPath for Edit\Find will
                be '&Edit|&Find'. As you can tell, the character that has the
                underline will be preceeded with a '&' in the menupath.

                I hope this made sense and has helped.