RE: [perlguitest] MenuSelect

  • Jason Blakey
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 30, 2003
      Is the MenuSelect function documented anywhere?

      jason

      On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:27:48 +0530, Rahul Chauhan wrote

      --
      This email from jason blakey - jblakey@...
      "The luckiest guy in the world!"
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 30, 2003
        Rahul and Rajeev,
        I'm new to Win32::GuiTest and was wondering if you
        guys can help me little. I'm trying to get contents of

        listview (SysListView32). Is this possible with Win32
        ::GuiTest?
        Thanks
        Ganesh
        --- Rahul Chauhan <rahul.chauhan@...>
        wrote:
        > Rajeev
        > Your Menu Path is not right.Not the changes below
        > ----
        > use Win32::GuiTest qw/MenuSelect/;
        > system "start notepad";
        > sleep 2;
        > MenuSelect('&File|E&xit');
        > ----
        >
        > ~Rahul
        > homepage: www.geocities.com.rahulscdmapage/
        > <http://www.geocities.com.rahulscdmapage/>
        >
        > Rahul Chauhan
        > ----
        > UbiNetics India
        > +91-80-2297030 Extn. 331
        > ----
        > an individual are not necessarily those of UbiNetics

        http://search.yahoo.com
      • Rahul Chauhan
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 30, 2003
          Jason
          Precise documentation of  CPAN modules are the README and eg
          scripts which come bundled with it.

          Rahul

          Rahul Chauhan
          ----
          UbiNetics India
          +91-80-2297030 Extn. 331
          ----

          Message 4 of 9 , May 1, 2003
            Yes, the MenuSelect function and its documentation (README.html) is
            available in Win32-GUITest v1.49 or greater(v1.49.2), however these
            builds are considered beta, therefore they haven't been released to
            CPAN, but they are still available for testing/use from the Files
            section of this Yahoo group.

            MenuSelect($menupath,$window,$menu)

            Allows selecting a menu programmatically.
            Simple Examples:
            # Exit foreground application through application menu.
            MenuSelect(``&File|E&xit'');

            # Exit foreground application through system menu
            MenuSelect("&Close", 0, GetSystemMenu(GetForegroundWindow(), FALSE));

            --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Blakey" <jblakey@f...>
            wrote:
            > Is the MenuSelect function documented anywhere?
            >
            > jason
            >
            > On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:27:48 +0530, Rahul Chauhan wrote
            > > Rajeev
            > > Your Menu Path is not right.Not the changes below
            > > ----
            > > use Win32::GuiTest qw/MenuSelect/;
            > > system "start notepad";
            > > sleep 2;
            > > MenuSelect('&File|E&xit');
            > > ----
            > >
            > > ~Rahul
            > > homepage: www.geocities.com.rahulscdmapage/
            > > <http://www.geocities.com.rahulscdmapage/>
            > >
            > > Rahul Chauhan
            > > ----
            > > UbiNetics India
            > > +91-80-2297030 Extn. 331
            > > ----
            > > an individual are not necessarily those of UbiNetics

            Service
            > > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
            >

            > --
            > This email from jason blakey - jblakey@f...
            > "The luckiest guy in the world!"
          • qvo8
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 24, 2004
              I'm very new to guiTest. Can somebody tell or direct me to where I
              can get more information about the $menupath argument for the
              MenuSelect function? For example, in the example,

              MenuSelect("&File|E&xit") to close notepad app. How do I know the
              path is "&File|E&xit"?
              I've tried MenuSelect("&File|O&pen") but it doesn't work.

              Thanks in advance.

              Quoc
            • qvo8
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 25, 2004
                I'm new to guiTest. Can somebody please tell me or direct me to more
                info on how to get the menupath argument for the menuSelect function.

                In the example, it shows:
                MenuSelect("&File|E&xit");

                How do we know the argument is &File and the submenu is E&xit???
                I have tried MenuSelect("&Edit|O&pen") but this doesn't work.

                Thanks
                Quoc

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 17 6:44 AM
                  Hello,

                  <...comments about MenuSpy.exe...>

                  If you'd just like to understand how $menuPath works, I'll try and
                  explain briefly.... Notepad for example has an 'Edit' menu option
                  and underneath it there are several items, including 'Find'. Now,
                  the menu items are usually not what they appear to be as you need to
                  take into consideration the shortcut key part; which is usually
                  marked with an underline. If you don't see the underline, hold down
                  the Alt key when accessing the menu and you will see them
                  appear.... For 'Edit' you will notice an underline under the first
                  character, so that part will become '&Edit', and for 'Find' it is
                  the first character too, so the $menuPath for Edit\Find will
                  be '&Edit|&Find'. As you can tell, the character that has the
                  underline will be preceeded with a '&' in the menupath.

                  I hope this made sense and has helped.