MenuSelect

  • Rajeev J
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 29, 2003
      Message

      HI

      i have a perl script

      use Win32::GuiTest qw/MenuSelect/;

      system "start notepad";
      sleep 2;
      MenuSelect("&File|&Exit");

      when i execute this it opens the notepad ,but it is not executing the Menu Select function.
      can you please let me know what is the mistake i am doing here

      rajeev
    • Rahul Chauhan
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 29, 2003
        Message
        Rajeev
        Your Menu Path is not right.Not the changes below
        ----
        use Win32::GuiTest qw/MenuSelect/;
        system "start notepad";
        sleep 2;
        MenuSelect('&File|E&xit');
        ----

        ~Rahul

        Rahul Chauhan
        ----
        UbiNetics India
        +91-80-2297030 Extn. 331
        ----
        an individual are not necessarily those of UbiNetics

        when i execute this it opens the notepad ,but it is not executing the Menu Select function.
        can you please let me know what is the mistake i am doing here

        rajeev

      • Jason Blakey
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 30, 2003
          Is the MenuSelect function documented anywhere?

          jason

          On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:27:48 +0530, Rahul Chauhan wrote

          --
          This email from jason blakey - jblakey@...
          "The luckiest guy in the world!"
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 30, 2003
            Rahul and Rajeev,
            I'm new to Win32::GuiTest and was wondering if you
            guys can help me little. I'm trying to get contents of

            listview (SysListView32). Is this possible with Win32
            ::GuiTest?
            Thanks
            Ganesh
            --- Rahul Chauhan <rahul.chauhan@...>
            wrote:
            > Rajeev
            > Your Menu Path is not right.Not the changes below
            > ----
            > use Win32::GuiTest qw/MenuSelect/;
            > system "start notepad";
            > sleep 2;
            > MenuSelect('&File|E&xit');
            > ----
            >
            > ~Rahul
            > homepage: www.geocities.com.rahulscdmapage/
            > <http://www.geocities.com.rahulscdmapage/>
            >
            > Rahul Chauhan
            > ----
            > UbiNetics India
            > +91-80-2297030 Extn. 331
            > ----
            > an individual are not necessarily those of UbiNetics

            http://search.yahoo.com
          • Rahul Chauhan
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 30, 2003
              Jason
              Precise documentation of  CPAN modules are the README and eg
              scripts which come bundled with it.

              Rahul

              Rahul Chauhan
              ----
              UbiNetics India
              +91-80-2297030 Extn. 331
              ----

              Message 6 of 9 , May 1, 2003
                Yes, the MenuSelect function and its documentation (README.html) is
                available in Win32-GUITest v1.49 or greater(v1.49.2), however these
                builds are considered beta, therefore they haven't been released to
                CPAN, but they are still available for testing/use from the Files
                section of this Yahoo group.

                MenuSelect($menupath,$window,$menu)

                Allows selecting a menu programmatically.
                Simple Examples:
                # Exit foreground application through application menu.
                MenuSelect(``&File|E&xit'');

                # Exit foreground application through system menu
                MenuSelect("&Close", 0, GetSystemMenu(GetForegroundWindow(), FALSE));

                --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Blakey" <jblakey@f...>
                wrote:
                > Is the MenuSelect function documented anywhere?
                >
                > jason
                >
                > On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:27:48 +0530, Rahul Chauhan wrote
                > > Rajeev
                > > Your Menu Path is not right.Not the changes below
                > > ----
                > > use Win32::GuiTest qw/MenuSelect/;
                > > system "start notepad";
                > > sleep 2;
                > > MenuSelect('&File|E&xit');
                > > ----
                > >
                > > ~Rahul
                > > homepage: www.geocities.com.rahulscdmapage/
                > > <http://www.geocities.com.rahulscdmapage/>
                > >
                > > Rahul Chauhan
                > > ----
                > > UbiNetics India
                > > +91-80-2297030 Extn. 331
                > > ----
                > > an individual are not necessarily those of UbiNetics

                Service
                > > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
                >

                > --
                > This email from jason blakey - jblakey@f...
                > "The luckiest guy in the world!"
              • qvo8
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 24, 2004
                  I'm very new to guiTest. Can somebody tell or direct me to where I
                  can get more information about the $menupath argument for the
                  MenuSelect function? For example, in the example,

                  MenuSelect("&File|E&xit") to close notepad app. How do I know the
                  path is "&File|E&xit"?
                  I've tried MenuSelect("&File|O&pen") but it doesn't work.

                  Thanks in advance.

                  Quoc
                • qvo8
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 25, 2004
                    I'm new to guiTest. Can somebody please tell me or direct me to more
                    info on how to get the menupath argument for the menuSelect function.

                    In the example, it shows:
                    MenuSelect("&File|E&xit");

                    How do we know the argument is &File and the submenu is E&xit???
                    I have tried MenuSelect("&Edit|O&pen") but this doesn't work.

                    Thanks
                    Quoc

                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 17, 2004
                      Hello,

                      <...comments about MenuSpy.exe...>

                      If you'd just like to understand how $menuPath works, I'll try and
                      explain briefly.... Notepad for example has an 'Edit' menu option
                      and underneath it there are several items, including 'Find'. Now,
                      the menu items are usually not what they appear to be as you need to
                      take into consideration the shortcut key part; which is usually
                      marked with an underline. If you don't see the underline, hold down
                      the Alt key when accessing the menu and you will see them
                      appear.... For 'Edit' you will notice an underline under the first
                      character, so that part will become '&Edit', and for 'Find' it is
                      the first character too, so the $menuPath for Edit\Find will
                      be '&Edit|&Find'. As you can tell, the character that has the
                      underline will be preceeded with a '&' in the menupath.

                      I hope this made sense and has helped.