Win32-GuiTest for ActivePerl 5.8.0

  • stupakov
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 29 10:46 AM
      I compiled Win32-GuiTest for the latest ActivePerl 5.8.0 using VC6.
      It works for me. If you would like to test/use it, it is available
      from the following site:
      http://www23.addr.com/~dmitry/Win32-GuiTest-1.49.2_ActivePerl-
      5.8.0.zip

      There is a ppd file inside the zip archive, so you can use ppm to
      install the module.

      Enjoy.
      Gennady.
    • iamparke
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2004
        Gennady:

        Thank you very much. Version 1.49 installed in ActivePerl 5.8.0
        very nicely. Samie appears to still be functioning also.

        Now all I need to learn is how to use GuiTest with popup windows in
        IE.

        Parke

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "stupakov" <stupakov@y...> wrote:
        > I compiled Win32-GuiTest for the latest ActivePerl 5.8.0 using VC6.
        > It works for me. If you would like to test/use it, it is available
        > from the following site:
        > http://www23.addr.com/~dmitry/Win32-GuiTest-1.49.2_ActivePerl-
        > 5.8.0.zip
        >
        > There is a ppd file inside the zip archive, so you can use ppm to
        > install the module.
        >
        > Enjoy.
        > Gennady.
      • gilbertho21
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 13, 2004
          Any one installed/built successfully ? If so, please share the
          details.

          Thanks,
          Gilbert
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 13, 2004
            Considering the contents of your post, I am assuming that you had
            problems installing it. You would make helping you much easier if you
            provided details of problems you have.

            -Piotr

            --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "gilbertho21" <gilbertho21@y...>
            wrote:

            > Any one installed/built successfully ? If so, please share the
            > details.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Gilbert
          • gilbertho21
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 14, 2004
              Sorry, I was not specific. I downloaded and installed ActivePerl
              5.8.4.810. But when I ran a test script like:
              #

              use Win32::GuiTest;

              I got the following error:
              Can't locate Win32/GuiTest.pm in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Perl/lib
              C:/Perl/site/l
              ib .) at ex.pl line 3.

              So I assume I need to install Win32::GuiTest. I need some helpl on
              which version of GuiTest to install, and hopefully, some
              instructions on how to install it on ActivePerl.

              Thanks,
              Gilbert

              --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "pkaluski" <pkaluski@p...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              > Considering the contents of your post, I am assuming that you had
              > problems installing it. You would make helping you much easier if
              you
              > provided details of problems you have.
              >
              > -Piotr
              >
              > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "gilbertho21"
              <gilbertho21@y...>
              > wrote:
              > >

              > > Any one installed/built successfully ? If so, please share the
              > > details.
              > >
              > > Thanks,
              > > Gilbert
            • Gabor Szabo
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 15, 2004
                On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, gilbertho21 wrote:

                > Sorry, I was not specific. I downloaded and installed ActivePerl
                > 5.8.4.810. But when I ran a test script like:

                while from your other posting I guess you already managed to install
                Win32::GuiTest let me put it here for the search engines

                c:> ppm install Win32::GuiTest

                will get you the one that ActiveState allredy built while you can also
                go to CPAN and download a newer version:

                http://search.cpan.org/dist/Win32-GuiTest/

                Gabor
                http://www.szabgab.com/
              • prramya
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 5, 2004
                  Hi gilberth,
                  U could follow the below steps to get it done...
                  Steps to install Win32:GUI in Windows 2k

                  1.Download the Win32:GUI1.50.2-ad.zip file(from
                  http://search.cpan.org/dist/Win32-GuiTest/)
                  2.Since Windows has no make, which is needed to build the Perl
                  modules,
                  you have to download NMake 1.5 from the Microsoft Knowledge Base,
                  article 132084 page
                  3.Nmake needs cl.exe(Compiler) & link.exe(Linker). These files are
                  available in Microsoft Visual Studio.
                  Hence copy those & place it in C:\Perl\bin
                  4.NMake1.5 is a self extractable exe, which will provide 3 files
                  (nmake.exe, nmake.err, and readme.txt).
                  Move nmake.* to c:\perl\bin .
                  5.Provide appropriate Environment variables (PATH,INCLUDE & LIB) so
                  that it points to the
                  perl directories correctly.
                  6.Now execute the following commands
                  // This batch file comes with MS Visual Studio. Running
                  // it first might help with various compilation problems.
                  vcvars32.bat perl makefile.pl
                  nmake
                  nmake test
                  nmake install
                  Once you have extracted the files enter the directory of your
                  machine, enter PPM and do like this:
                  C:\TEMP>ppm
                  PPM interactive shell (2.0) - type 'help' for available commands.
                  PPM> install C:\temp\win32-guitest.ppd
                  Install package 'C:\temp\win32-guitest.ppd?' (y/N): Y
                  Retrieving package 'C:\temp\win32-guitest.ppd'...
                  Writing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Win32\GuiTest\.packlist

                  ERRORS:
                  While installing u may come across with the following errors:
                  1. NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl.exe' : return code '0x2'
                  2.NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '..\..\..\ob\bin\idl.exe' : return
                  code '0x1'
                  To get resolved, check the Environment variables & also make sure
                  that u have Cl.exe & Link.exe & Nmake.exe, Nmake.err files in
                  Perl\bin folder.

                  Get back to me, if u have any errors..

                  Regds
                  Ramya