Re: I too have trouble installing GuiTest

  • Ernesto Guisado
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 22 7:32 AM
      Looks like you've got visual studio installed, but not setup for
      command-line compilation. If you type "CL" at the command-line you
      should get:

      D:\bin>cl
      Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 12.00.8168 for
      80x86
      Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-1998. All rights reserved.

      usage: cl [ option... ] filename... [ /link linkoption... ]

      If you don't get that, you probably need to run this batch file first:

      ....\MSVC6\VC98\Bin\VCVARS32.BAT

      If you haven't got Visual C++ at all, you need to install using PPM.

      Regards,
      Ernesto.
      --
      http://triumvir.org

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "shermw56" <sherman.willden@h...>
      wrote:
      > This is perl, v5.6.1 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
      >
      > C:\GuiTest\Win32-GuiTest-1.3>"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
      > Studio\vc98\bin\NMAKE.EXE
      >
      > Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 6.00.8168.0
      > Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.
      >
      > cp GuiTest.pm blib\lib\Win32\GuiTest.pm
      > AutoSplitting blib\lib\Win32\GuiTest.pm (blib\lib\auto\Win32
      \GuiTest)
      > C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe -IC:\Perl\lib -IC:\Perl\lib
      > C:\Perl\lib\ExtUtils/xsubpp -typemap C:\Perl\lib\ExtUtils\typemap
      > -typemap typemap Gui
      > Test.xs > GuiTest.xsc && C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe -IC:\Perl\lib
      > -IC:\Perl\lib -MExtUtils::Command -e mv GuiTest.xsc GuiTest.c
      > cl -c -nologo -O1 -MD -DNDEBUG -DWIN32 -D_CONSOLE -
      DNO_STRICT
      > -DHAVE_DES_FCRYPT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_SYS -
      DPERL_MSVC
      > RT_READFIX -O1 -MD -DNDEBUG -DVERSION=\"1.3\" -DXS_VERSION=\"1.3
      \"
      > -IC:\Perl\lib\CORE GuiTest.c
      > 'cl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
      > operable program or batch file.
      > NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x1'
      > Stop.
      >
      > Any ideas?
      >
      > Thanks;
      >
      > Sherman
    • Willden, Sherman
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 22 7:37 AM
        Message
        Thanks, Ernesto. Works like a champ. I remember running vcvars32.bat when I installed but I have messed with the path variables since then.

        Sherman

        wrote:
        > This is perl, v5.6.1 built for
        MSWin32-x86-multi-thread

        C:\GuiTest\Win32-GuiTest-1.3>"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual

        Studio\vc98\bin\NMAKE.EXE

        > Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance
        Utility   Version 6.00.8168.0
        > Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp
        1988-1998. All rights reserved.

        > cp GuiTest.pm
        blib\lib\Win32\GuiTest.pm
        > AutoSplitting blib\lib\Win32\GuiTest.pm
        (blib\lib\auto\Win32
        \GuiTest)

        C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe -IC:\Perl\lib -IC:\Perl\lib

        C:\Perl\lib\ExtUtils/xsubpp  -typemap C:\Perl\lib\ExtUtils\typemap

        -typemap typemap Gui
        > Test.xs > GuiTest.xsc &&
        C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe -IC:\Perl\lib
        > -IC:\Perl\lib -MExtUtils::Command -e
        mv GuiTest.xsc GuiTest.c

        cl -c  -nologo -O1 -MD -DNDEBUG -DWIN32 -D_CONSOLE -
        DNO_STRICT

        -DHAVE_DES_FCRYPT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_SYS -
        DPERL_MSVC
        > RT_READFIX -O1 -MD -DNDEBUG
        -DVERSION=\"1.3\"  -DXS_VERSION=\"1.3
        \"
        -IC:\Perl\lib\CORE  GuiTest.c
        > 'cl' is not recognized as an internal
        or external command,
        > operable program or batch file.
        > NMAKE :
        fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x1'
        > Stop.
        >
        > Any
        ideas?

        > Thanks;
        >
        > Sherman

      • Jason Blakey
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 22 8:29 AM
          On a completely different topic,

          what does IsGrayedButton do? Check for the existence of a grayed button on
          the supplied HWND? Wait until there are no grayed buttons? From my little
          bit of testing, it looks like the latter, but i could most definitely be wrong.

          Thanks,
          jason

          --
          This email from jason blakey - jblakey@...
          "The luckiest guy in the world!"
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 23 10:20 AM
            For radio buttons or check boxes, IsGrayedButton determines if the
            current state is indeterminate ("grayed"). For regular buttons this
            function does nothing useful.
            IsGrayedButton([HANDLETORADIOBUTTONORCHECKBOX])

            For regular buttons, one can use IsWindowEnabled to determine if the
            button is disabled.
            IsWindowEnabled([HANDLETOREGULARBUTTON])

            Since these functions originate from the Windows API, one could
            consult Microsoft's MSDN library if a more indepth understanding is
            desired.

            --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Blakey" <jblakey@f...>