Re:Detail steps for installation of Win32::Gui

  • Bauer, Steven
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 23, 2007
      I take it you're running this on Vista?

      This is because windows can't find the manifest file for guitest.dll
      created when the link step is done.

      If you look in the build tree, you'll find guitest.dll.manifest. The
      short term fix is to copy that file to either the root of the build tree
      or the t directory where the test scripts reside.

      The long term fix is to modify the make file to embed the manifest file
      inside the DLL.

      Here's a link to an msdn blog discussing the problem:

      http://blogs.msdn.com/seshadripv/archive/2005/10/30/486985.aspx

      This is msdn article I used to modify the make file for embedding the
      manifest.

      http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235591(VS.80).aspx

      Good Luck