Detail steps for installation of Win32::Gui

  • deepsborse
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 22, 2007
      I am getting error while running nmake test, it says perl.exe
      incorrectly trying to invoke C runtime library
    • Bauer, Steven
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 23, 2007
        I take it you're running this on Vista?

        This is because windows can't find the manifest file for guitest.dll
        created when the link step is done.

        If you look in the build tree, you'll find guitest.dll.manifest. The
        short term fix is to copy that file to either the root of the build tree
        or the t directory where the test scripts reside.

        The long term fix is to modify the make file to embed the manifest file
        inside the DLL.

        Here's a link to an msdn blog discussing the problem:

        http://blogs.msdn.com/seshadripv/archive/2005/10/30/486985.aspx

        This is msdn article I used to modify the make file for embedding the
        manifest.

        http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235591(VS.80).aspx

        Good Luck