how to select a item in a Combox box?

  • sdivyabalaji
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9, 2007
      Hi
      I have a script which open the print preference window of printer
      driver,i want to select the values in the combo box dropdown.

      my part of code is

      SendMessage( hex($hexVal), 0x014F, 1, 0 );
      my $Combo_Content = SelComboString(hex($hexVal),$value);
      SendMouse("{LeftClick}");

      now iam able to get the dropdown values in combo box but iam not
      able to select the value in dropdown

      can any one please help me on this

      your help will be highly appreciated
      Thanks
      Divya
    • Vishnu Dutt
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 10, 2007

        I suggest you to dont use mouse clicking. Just foreground the window of combobox and use home key. Than through up and down arrow key you can select any option.

        Use the following function:
        SetForgroundWindow(handle of the window)
        and SendKeys()
        For getting the handle of the window use WinSpy utility or u can use the respective array position of the combobox window.

        Regards
        Vishnu Dutt
        Cisco Systems