Re: description

  • erngui
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 15, 2001

      --- In perlguitest@y..., "aslpyee" <aslpyee@n...> wrote:
      [...]
      > I am a new user. May I know where can I find the description of a
      > command within the Win32::GuiTest? Eg, FindWindowLike
      (0," ", " ").
      > What does 0 represent? Between " ", what will it accept?

      The documentation is not as comprehensive as I'd like. Some functions
      are documented in the readme file that comes with the distribution:

      http://search.cpan.org/doc/ERNGUI/Win32-GuiTest-1.3/README.html

      About FindWindowLike it says:

      FindWindowLike WINDOW, TITLEPATTERN, CLASSPATTERN, CHILDID

      Finds the window handles of the windows matching the specified
      parameters and returns them as a list.
      You may specify the handle of the window to search under. The routine
      searches through all of this windows children and their children
      recursively. If 'undef' then the routine searches through all
      windows. There is also a regexp used to match against the text in the
      window caption and another regexp used to match against the text in
      the window class. If you pass a child ID number, the functions will
      only match windows with this id. In each case undef matches
      everything.

      Regards,
      Ernesto.
      --